Winter Storm Brush Removal Cleanup Continues
Area 9 Collection Begins on Monday
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The city-wide winter storm brush cleanup begins in Area 9 on Monday, April 19, and runs through April 25. Only brush and other foliage damaged by February’s extreme weather event will be collected. Residents in these areas are advised to place their brush curbside by Sunday, April 18. No bulky items will be accepted for this one-time collection.
Winter Storm Cleanup Details:
- The City’s Solid Waste crews will begin brush collection in Area 9 on Monday, April 19.
- Residents who miss this one-time special collection will have to wait for their next regularly scheduled brush collection.
- Schedules for brush and bulky items collection can be found online at SLDW-brush-map-schedule.pdf (cctexas.com).
- Residents can also bring their brush to the J.C. Elliott brush drop off area located at Hwy. 286 and Ayers Street.
- Brush drop-off area hours of operation have now been extended to seven days a week from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The extended hours of operation apply to the brush drop off area ONLY.
Guidelines for Brush and Debris Set Out:
- Brush items include trees, limbs, bushes, leaves, palm fronds and other foliage damaged by the winter storm.
- Bulky items such as appliances and furniture will NOT be picked up.
- Items must not block sidewalks, thru-ways, stormwater ditches, or street right of ways.
- Brush MUST be set curbside for pick up.
A map of city-wide collection areas (1A to 10), winter storm brush collection schedule and a city-wide interactive map are available online at www.cctexas.com/stormcleanup.
For all media inquiries, please contact Amy Gazin, Senior Public Information Officer for Solid Waste Services at (361) 826-1655 or by email at email@example.com.