Winter Storm Brush Removal Cleanup Continues
Area 3B Collection Begins on Monday
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The city-wide winter storm brush cleanup begins in Area 3B next Monday, April 5 and runs through April 11. Only brush and other foliage damaged by February’s extreme weather event will be collected. Residents in these areas are advised to get their brush placed curbside by Sunday, April 4. No bulky items will be accepted for this one-time collection.
Winter Storm Cleanup Details:
- The City's debris removal contractor will begin brush collection in Area 3B on Monday, April 5.
- Residents who miss this one-time special collection will have to wait for their next regularly scheduled brush collection.
- Brush and bulky items collection schedules can be found online at SLDW-brush-map-schedule.pdf (cctexas.com).
- Residents can drop off their brush at the J.C. Elliott brush drop off area located at Hwy. 286 and Ayers Street.
- Normal hours of operation for the brush drop off area are Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. but have now been extended to seven days a week from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. The extended hours of operation apply to the brush drop off area ONLY.
- Special Reminder - The brush drop-off area will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 4 but will reopen on Monday, April 5.
Guidelines for Brush and Debris Set Out:
- Brush items include trees, limbs, bushes, leaves, palm fronds and other foliage damaged by the winter storm.
- Bulky items will NOT be picked up.
- Items must not block sidewalks, thru-ways, stormwater ditches, or street right of ways.
- Brush MUST be set curbside for pick up.
A map of city-wide collection areas (1A to 10), the winter storm brush collection schedule and a city-wide interactive map are available online at www.cctexas.com/stormcleanup.
For all media inquiries, please contact Amy Gazin, Senior Public Information Officer for Solid Waste Services at (361) 826-1655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.