Weekly Road Closures September 30 to October 6
New - Kostroyz Road
On Tuesday, October 3, contractors will be working on Kostoryz Road in between Brawner Parkway and Norton Street from 3:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and this section of Kostoryz Road will be closed to traffic. Motorists driving north on Kostoryz Road will detour around the work area.
Port Avenue (SPMP)
Beginning Monday, September 25, and for one week, City contractors will be working on Port Avenue from Horne Road to Ayers Street. During this time, either southbound or northbound Port Avenue traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Horne Road (SPMP)
Beginning Monday, September 25, and for two weeks, City contractors will be doing road work on Horne Road between Old Brownsville Road and Elvira Drive. During this time, eastbound Horne Road traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Beginning Thursday, September 21, and for 10 workdays, weather permitting; City contractors will be doing concrete work on the sidewalk in the 13400 block of Whitecap Boulevard. During this time sidewalk will be closed to pedestrian traffic while emergency repair is ongoing, and contractors may periodically reduce the right westbound lane to one lane of traffic
Airline Road (SPMP)
Beginning Tuesday, September 19, and for two weeks, City contractors will be working on Airline Road between Wilma Drive and Ocean Drive. Eastbound Airline Road traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
Beginning Monday, September 18, City contractors will be working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Weber Road. Traffic will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Starting Monday, September 18 through Tuesday, October 3, contractors will be working on Kinney Street between Chaparral Street and Water Street. During this period, Kinney Street will be closed to traffic. Westbound Kinney Street traffic will be detoured through the work area. No left or right turns will be allowed onto Kinney Street from Water Street.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Starting Tuesday, July 25, City contractors, between Horne Road and Gollihar Road, will switch the northbound traffic onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets on the east side of Greenwood Drive will remain open.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
Starting Saturday, August 19, and for three weeks, McArdle Road, between Arnold Drive and Nile Drive, will be reduced to one lane for road work. Flaggers will be on-site to assist motorists through the work zone.
After the first part is complete, McArdle Road will be open to two lanes of traffic in each direction from Arnold Drive to Nile Drive and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction from Whittaker Drive to Arnold Drive.
Williams Drive (Bond 2012)
Beginning Monday, August 7 and for approximately 6 weeks, weather permitting, City contractors will shift traffic onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction between Staples Street to Treway Lane.
Ayers Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Tuesday, July 25, weather permitting, city contractors will be working on Ayers Street at the Santa Fe Street, and Booty Street intersection. During this time, eastbound Booty Street will be closed at the intersection and the detour to Santa Fe Street will be through Ayers Street. At the same time, eastbound Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane at the intersection. Ayers Street will be closed to traffic on the east side of Santa Fe Street. Northbound and southbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the Ayers Street intersection.
As of Thursday, July 20, the following temporary traffic control plan was implemented:
- Santa Fe Street: Northbound Santa Fe traffic will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction through the intersection.
- Ayers Street: Eastbound Ayers Street traffic approaching Santa Fe will be reduced to one lane of traffic and left turns onto northbound Santa Fe will be permitted. Eastbound Ayers will be closed to traffic from Santa Fe to Ocean Drive. While at the same time, Ayers traffic will be reduced to one lane and become one-way from Ocean to Santa Fe. Detour onto Ayers will be from Ocean Drive, onto Del Mar Boulevard, onto Third to Ayers.
- Second Street: Access to Second Street will be through Ocean Drive. Motorists exiting Second Street will need to turn left onto Ayers to Santa Fe.
- Third Street: Third Street traffic approaching Ayers will be reduced to one of traffic. Thru traffic and left turns will be permitted from Third Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Phase one of the Yorktown Boulevard project between Everhart Road and Yorkshire Drive started. Eastbound traffic will be shifted to the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Motorists traveling northbound on Lipes Boulevard will not be allowed to make a left turn onto Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists are reminded of the reduced speed limit to 25 MPH through the work zone.
Southern Minerals Road
Southern Minerals Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Up River Road. Motorists needing access to Up River Road from westbound IH-37 will detour onto Goldston Road to Up River Road. Those needing access to IH-37 from Up River Road will detour onto Valero Way to IH-37.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
As of Friday, June, 9 the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic will be reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection will be reduced to one lane.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
Traffic changes on Ocean Drive from Louisiana Avenue to Morgan Avenue are as follows:
- Traffic will be narrowed to the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction beginning at Louisiana Avenue to Morgan Avenue. Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be transitioned onto the new pavement at the Morgan Avenue intersection.
- The Ayers Street intersection at Ocean Drive will be closed for about 4 to 6 weeks.
- Northbound traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Del Mar Boulevard, Ayers Street and Elizabeth Street. A dedicated left turn at Morgan Avenue and Buford Street for northbound traffic will remain open.
- Left turns will be allowed for southbound traffic at Elizabeth Street.
- Northbound and southbound Ocean Drive traffic should use Morgan Avenue since the Ayers Street intersection at Ocean Drive will be temporarily closed.
- Southern, Naples, and Cole streets will be restricted to resident traffic only with no through traffic to Ocean Drive. Del Mar Boulevard and Atlantic Street will have intermittent access to Ocean Drive.
- Eastbound traffic on Louisiana will be required to go south on Ocean Drive. If a vehicle wishes to go north on Ocean Drive, then the driver will need to go south and make a U-turn to go back to the north.
- The posted speed limit is 25 MPH through the construction area.
- Pedestrian access will be closed along the southbound lanes between Louisiana Avenue and Morgan Avenue including the sidewalks adjacent to Spohn Hospital. Pedestrian access through the construction zone will be transferred to the newly completed sidewalks along the northbound lanes. Temporary pedestrian access crossing Ocean Drive will remain at the Del Mar Boulevard intersection. Bicyclists are encouraged to find another route.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
During this phase of the construction, northbound Tuloso Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Leopard Street. Northbound Tuloso Road traffic will be detoured onto Suntide Road to IH-37.
Navigation Boulevard (Capital Improvements Program)
Navigation Boulevard traffic between Up River Road and Leopard Street will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. The existing traffic control devices placed by TxDOT at IH-37 access road intersections will remain in place.
Lawrence Street between Mesquite Street and Chaparral Street is partially open to traffic and is currently reduced to one lane with the traffic merger beginning between Upper Broadway and Mesquite Street.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/.