Weekly Road Closures September 29 - October 5
New – Chaparral Street (Bond 2014)
Starting at 6 p.m. Sunday, September 30, Chaparral Street from Coopers Alley to IH 37 will be closed for 24 hours to all traffic and parking. Motorists will not be allowed to park within the closed sections of Chaparral Street. All side streets and intersections will remain open. Chaparral Street will reopen at 6 p.m. Monday, October 1.
New – Buffalo Street (Contractors)
Through October 5, Buffalo Street is closed between Tancahua Street and Carancahua Street.
New – Everhart Road (Contractors)
On Monday, October 3, weather permitting, City contractors will work inside manholes on Everhart Road just east of the Middlecoff Road intersection. During this period, eastbound Middlecoff Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work area.
New – Bolivar Street (RSRP)
Starting at 9 a.m. Monday, October 1, Bolivar Street will be closed to thru traffic between Sarita Street and Niagara Street. At Sarita Street, Bolivar Street will be closed to all traffic. Local residential traffic will be allowed through Niagara Street.
Alameda Street (Contractors)
The southbound lanes on Alameda Street from Everhart Road to Sheridan Drive will be closed. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction on the north side of Alameda Street.
Airline Road (Contractors)
From Monday, September 24 through Wednesday, October 3, weather permitting, AEP contractors will be working on Airline Road between Saratoga Boulevard and Brooke Road. As this project is ongoing, contractors will reduce southbound Airline Road to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Staples Street (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented between Morgan Avenue and Six-Points:
- Northbound and southbound Staples Street will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the west side of Staples Street:
- Booty Street intersection, east side, will be closed to traffic at Staples Street
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane one-way traffic will be switched to the opposite direction, from southbound to northbound, between McArdle Road and Gollihar Road. Traffic will also be switched to the newly constructed roadway during this time.
Battlin’ Buc Boulevard at Miller High School – (Contractor)
Battlin’ Buc Boulevard is temporarily closed in front of the Miller Hiigh School from Mesquite Street to the east side of the private access entrance on Lipan Street.
Everhart Road – (SPMP)
Beginning Tuesday, August 14, and for two months, weather permitting; City contractors are scheduled to work on Everhart Road from Cedar Pass Drive to Silver Ridge Road, and Glasgow Drive from Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive. As this work is ongoing, there will be various lane closures as contractors do driveways, sidewalks, curb and gutter, and install ADA ramps.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Yorktown Boulevard between Lake Superior Drive and Everhart Road:
- Contractors will switch two-way traffic onto the westbound lanes, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway.
- All eastbound traffic, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway, will detour to Oso Parkway and Everhart Road to continue east along Yorktown Boulevard.
- Westbound traffic, between Staples Street and Everhart Road, will switch to the newly paved westbound lanes of Yorktown Boulevard, at the Everhart Road intersection.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Traffic is shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction from Morgan Avenue to Six-Points. Side streets are open to traffic.
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
- The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.