Weekly Road Closures October 27 - November 3
NEW - Omaha Drive
Beginning Friday, October 26, and for approximately two weeks, Omaha Drive will be closed to thru traffic at the Southview Drive intersection. Westbound and eastbound Agnes Street traffic will detour around the work zone. Southview Drive will be closed to thru traffic at Baldwin Boulevard.
NEW – Various Lane Closures for Utility Work
From Monday, October 29 through Friday, November 2, contractors will be doing utility work and there will be various lane closures in the following areas:
- 4800 block of Castenon Street
- 800 block of Mustang Trail
- 4000 block of Brett Street
- 1600 block of 6th Street
NEW – Alameda Street and Booty Street Intersection
On Tuesday, October 30, crews will be working on Alameda Street and Booty Street in three separate phases as they mill and pave the street. During this period the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Alameda Street will be closed between Booty Street and Elizabeth Street.
- Booty Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic between Staples Street and 7th Street. Flaggers will be onsite to assist drivers through the work zone.
- Booty Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic between Staples Street and Alameda Street. Flaggers will be onsite to assist drivers through the work zone
NEW – Greenwood Drive
Through Saturday, November 3, traffic on the northbound Greenwood Drive lanes at the Triple Crown Drive intersection, will shift onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
NEW – Elizabeth Street
Through Friday, November 16, contractors will be working on sidewalks and driveway approaches on Elizabeth Street. As this project is ongoing, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Eastbound Elizabeth Street traffic will be reduced to one lane from Santa Fe Street to Third Street.
- Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Third Street to the Hospital Parking Garage entrance.
- Westbound Lanes will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Brock Drive (RSRP)
Brock Drive is closed to thru traffic between Staples Street and Lambert Drive. The Staples Street and Lambert Drive intersection will be closed to all traffic. Residential traffic will be allowed through Lambert Drive.
Bolivar Street (RSRP)
Bolivar Street is closed to thru traffic between Sarita Street and Niagara Street. At Sarita Street, Bolivar Street will be closed to all traffic. Local residential traffic will be allowed through Niagara Street.
The southbound lanes on Alameda Street from Everhart Road to Sheridan Drive will be closed. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction on the north side of Alameda Street.
From Monday, September 24 through Wednesday, October 3, weather permitting, AEP contractors will be working on Airline Road between Saratoga Boulevard and Brooke Road. As this project is ongoing, contractors will reduce southbound Airline Road to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane one-way traffic will be switched to the opposite direction, from southbound to northbound, between McArdle Road and Gollihar Road. Traffic will also be switched to the newly constructed roadway during this time.
Battlin’ Buc Boulevard at Miller High School – (Contractor)
Battlin’ Buc Boulevard is temporarily closed in front of the Miller High School from Mesquite Street to the eastside of the private access entrance on Lipan Street.
Everhart Road – (SPMP)
Beginning Tuesday, August 14, and for two months, weather permitting; City contractors are scheduled to work on Everhart Road from Cedar Pass Drive to Silver Ridge Road, and Glasgow Drive from Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive. As this work is ongoing, there will be various lane closures as contractors do driveways, sidewalks, curb and gutter, and install ADA ramps.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Yorktown Boulevard between Lake Superior Drive and Everhart Road:
- Contractors will switch two-way traffic onto the westbound lanes, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway.
- All eastbound traffic, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway, will detour to Oso Parkway and Everhart Road to continue east along Yorktown Boulevard.
- Westbound traffic, between Staples Street and Everhart Road, will switch to the newly paved westbound lanes of Yorktown Boulevard, at the Everhart Road intersection.
Six Points Area (Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to a one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
- The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects