Weekly Road Closures May 21-25
NEW – Various Streets (Contractors)
Starting Monday, May 21 through May 25, contractors will be working on various streets doing utility work. As this work is ongoing, the following traffic control plans will be implemented:
- Gollihar Road: Eastbound Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
- McKinzie Road: Southbound McKinzie Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Buford Street: Traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists.
NEW – Resaca Street and Water Street
Resaca Street from Water Street to Shoreline Boulevard and Water Street from Resaca Street to Fitzgerald Street for events at the American Bank Center will be closed at the following times and days:
- May 25: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Starting at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 16, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Northbound Chaparral Street will be closed between Starr Street and Taylor Street, vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Northbound Chaparral Street between Peoples Street and Starr Street will be open to traffic.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Gollihar Road – Staples Street to Kostoryz Road (Bond 2014)
Starting May 3, contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. As this project is ongoing, traffic is shifted onto the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
Starting Saturday, April 7, the following traffic control plan will be implemented in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Morgan Avenue and Ayers Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Alameda Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Ayers Street and Cole Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Ayers Street: Traffic flow will be converted from two-way to one-way eastbound (toward Ocean Drive) between Staples Street and Santa Fe Street. Ayers Street, between Santa Fe Street and Ocean Drive, will be open to two-way traffic.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Traffic is on the eastbound lanes with one lane traffic in each direction between Lake Travis Drive and Everhart Road. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Bond 2012 Ocean Drive project:
• Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane.
• Two-way traffic will remain open at Elizabeth Street. Northbound Ocean Drive traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Elizabeth Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Southbound Yorktown Boulevard will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/