Weekly Road Closures March 10-16
NEW – Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
On Sunday, March 11, weather permitting, contractors will reduce Elizabeth Street to one lane in each direction from Third Street to Ocean Drive.
NEW – Airline Road
Beginning Thursday, March 8 the following lane closures will be implemented:
- March 8: Northbound Airline Road and northbound Cimarron Boulevard will be reduced to one lane at the Airline/Cimarron intersection.
- March 9: Northbound Airline Road and northbound Cimarron Boulevard will be reduced to one lane at the Airline/Cimarron intersection. During this lane closure, Lyons Street will be closed to traffic from Airline Road.
- March 12-13: Northbound Airline Road will be reduced to one lane at various locations between Meadowvista Drive and Holly Road. During this lane closure, the center lane will also be closed.
NEW – 2018 Spring Break Traffic Plan
Beachgoers headed to beaches along State Highway 361, the following traffic coordination will be in place from 9 a.m. Friday, March 9, to 10 a.m. Monday, March 19:
- To enter the beach during the day, you must take Newport Pass Road
- The beach will have a two-way circular traffic pattern, with the middle lane used for emergency vehicles only
- Exiting the beach will be through Zahn Road
- A temporary traffic signal will be at SH 361 and Zahn Road
- Each evening, Newport Pass Road will be closed by police and beachgoers can use Zahn Road to enter and exit the beach
- Beach Access Road 3 will be open to two-way traffic (4x4 recommended for this area)
- Traffic will be monitored by police and may adjust, as needed
The City reminds beachgoers to use caution when traveling to the beach and to follow all signage.
NEW – Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
Starting Friday, March 9, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
NEW – Cimarron Boulevard and Saratoga Boulevard (Contractors)
AEP contactors will be working on Cimarron approximately 500’ south of the Saratoga Boulevard intersection from March 7 to March 14. During this period, Cimarron northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic through this section of Cimarron Boulevard.
NEW - Resaca Street and Water Street
Resaca Street from Water Street to Shoreline Boulevard and Water Street from Resaca Street to Fitzgerald Street for events at the American Bank Center will be closed at the following times and days:
- March 10: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- March 11: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- March 16: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
Tuloso Road, between IH-37 and Leopard Street, is open to the public. However, there will daily lane shift were traffic will be narrowed and reduced to one lane in each direction.
Leopard Street (CIP)
On Monday, March 5 through March 12, weather permitting, contractors will reduce eastbound Leopard Street to one lane through the Rand Morgan Intersection
Leopard Street and Brownlee Boulevard
From Saturday, March 3 through Saturday, March 10, weather permitting, contractors will work at the Leopard Street and Brownlee Boulevard intersection. Westbound Leopard Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the intersection.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Starting Monday, March 05, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Northbound Chaparral Street will be closed between Peoples Street and Starr Street and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Northbound Chaparral Street between Schatzell Street and Peoples Street will be open to traffic.
Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Through March 31, there will be periodic lane closures on westbound Holly Road and at the major intersections.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Bond 2012 Ocean Drive project:
- One lane on Ayers Street between Ocean Drive and Santa Fe Street will be open – westbound toward Santa Fe Street only. Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane at Ayers Street.
- Second Street and Third Street approaching Ayers Street will remain open. Thru traffic and left turns will be allowed from Third Street.
- Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane.
- Two-way traffic will remain open at Elizabeth Street. Northbound Ocean Drive traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Elizabeth Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Southbound Yorktown Boulevard will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Horne Road and Gollihar Road will have various lane closures as road work continues.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
City contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. Traffic is shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
McArdle Road, between Arnold Drive and Nile Drive, is reduced to one lane. Flaggers will be on-site to assist motorists through the work zone.
After the first part is complete, McArdle Road will be open to two lanes of traffic in each direction from Arnold Drive to Nile Drive and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction from Whittaker Drive to Arnold Drive.
Ayers Street (Bond 2014)
Eastbound Booty Street is closed at the Santa Fe Street intersection and the detour to Santa Fe Street will be through Ayers Street. At the same time, eastbound Ayers Street traffic is reduced to one lane at the intersection. Ayers Street will be closed to traffic on the east side of Santa Fe Street. Northbound and southbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the Ayers Street intersection. As of Thursday, July 20, the following temporary traffic control plan was implemented:
- Santa Fe Street: Northbound Santa Fe Street traffic is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction through the intersection.
- Ayers Street: Eastbound Ayers Street traffic approaching Santa Fe Street is reduced to one lane of traffic and left turns onto northbound Santa Fe Street will be permitted. Eastbound Ayers Street is closed to traffic from Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive. While at the same time, Ayers Street traffic is reduced to one lane and is a one-way from Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street. Detour onto Ayers Street is from Ocean Drive, onto Del Mar Boulevard, onto Third Street to Ayers Street.
- Second Street: Access to Second Street is through Ocean Drive. Motorists exiting Second Street must turn left onto Ayers Street to Santa Fe Street.
- Third Street: Third Street traffic approaching Ayers Street is reduced to one lane of traffic. Thru traffic and left turns are allowed from Third Street.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Alameda Street Improvement project:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic is reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection is reduced to one lane.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/