Weekly Road Closures June 24-30
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Some short road closures coming for Greenwood Drive and Park Road 22.
New – Greenwood Drive and Gollihar Road
Beginning Monday, June 26 through Wednesday, June 28, weather permitting, AT&T contractors will be working inside a utility manhole at the intersection of Greenwood Drive and Gollihar Road. As this work is ongoing, Greenwood Drive will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will be on site to guide motorists through the intersection and work area. Work is scheduled between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
New – Park Road 22
On Tuesday, June 27 and Wednesday, June 28, weather permitting, City contractors will do utility work on eastbound Park Road 22 near the Aquarius Street intersection. Traffic will be reduced to one lane through the work site.
New – Holly Road (AEP)
AEP contractors have extended their work on eastbound Holly Road until Monday, July 10. Eastbound Holly Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through various work zones between Etheridge Drive and South Flynn Parkway. Contractors will be working during the night between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
New – Southern Minerals Road
Starting Thursday, June 22, Southern Minerals Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Up River Road. Motorists needing access to Up River Road from westbound IH-37 will detour onto Goldston Road to Up River Road. Those needing access to IH-37 from Up River Road will detour onto Valero Way to IH-37.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
Beginning Friday, June, 9 construction will begin on Alameda Street between Staples Street and Louisiana Avenue. As this project is ongoing, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic will be reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection will be reduced to one lane.
Kostoryz Road (Bond 2012)
Eastbound Kostoryz Road traffic is shifted onto the westbound lane with one lane in each direction. Contractors are doing utility work on North Brawner Parkway on the west side of Kostoryz Road. During this period, North Brawner Parkway is closed to traffic and motorists will detour to Ramsey Street, onto South Brawner Parkway to Kostoryz Road. At the same time, Orlando Drive on the west side of Kostoryz Road is closed to traffic and motorists detour onto Bentwood Drive to Norton Street to Kostoryz Road.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
Beginning Wednesday, June 7 McArdle Road traffic, between Whitaker Drive and Nile Drive, will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction. NO LEFT TURNS will be permitted onto Crescent Drive from McArdle Road.
Staples Street (Bond 2012)
Staples Street between Comanche Street and Agnes Street is open to traffic with two lanes in each direction. Agnes Street to Morgan Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction. In addition, various side streets along this section of Staples Street may be periodically closed or reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will be available when necessary to guide motorists through the work site.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
Gollihar Road between Kostoryz Road and Weber Road will be closed during the first phase of the project. Traffic will detour to South Staples Street and McArdle Road.
Eastbound and westbound Gollihar Road from Marie Street to Staples Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Left turns will not be allowed from Northbound Staples Street to Gollihar Road.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
Traffic changes on Ocean Drive from Louisiana Avenue to Morgan Avenue are as follows:
- Traffic will be narrowed to the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction beginning at Louisiana Avenue to Morgan Avenue. Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be transitioned onto the new pavement at the Morgan Avenue intersection.
- The Ayers Street intersection at Ocean Drive will be closed for about 4 to 6 weeks.
- Northbound traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Del Mar Boulevard, Ayers Street and Elizabeth Street. A dedicated left turn at Morgan Avenue and Buford Street for northbound traffic will remain open.
- Left turns will be allowed for southbound traffic at Elizabeth Street.
- Northbound and southbound Ocean Drive traffic should use Morgan Avenue since the Ayers Street intersection at Ocean Drive will be temporarily closed.
- Southern, Naples, and Cole streets will be restricted to resident traffic only with no through traffic to Ocean Drive. Del Mar Boulevard and Atlantic Street will have intermittent access to Ocean Drive.
- Eastbound traffic on Louisiana will be required to go south on Ocean Drive. If a vehicle wishes to go north on Ocean Drive, then the driver will need to go south and make a U-turn to go back to the north.
- The posted speed limit is 25 MPH through the construction area.
- Pedestrian access will be closed along the southbound lanes between Louisiana Avenue and Morgan Avenue including the sidewalks adjacent to Spohn Hospital. Pedestrian access through the construction zone will be transferred to the newly completed sidewalks along the northbound lanes. Temporary pedestrian access crossing Ocean Drive will remain at the Del Mar Boulevard intersection. Bicyclists are encouraged to find another route.
Lawrence Street between Mesquite Street and Chaparral Street is partially open to traffic and is currently reduced to one lane with the traffic merger beginning between Upper Broadway and Mesquite Street.
Williams Drive (Bond 2012)
Beginning January 24 through May, weather permitting, Williams Drive traffic between Staples Street and Treyway Lane will be shifted onto the westbound lanes and traffic reduced to one lane in each direction. The Williams Drive traffic pattern between Treyway Lane and Airline Road is opened to eastbound and westbound directions of travel. The contractor will continue proposed utility and paving work between Treyway Lane and Staples Street on the south side of Williams Drive (eastbound lanes) through intersecting streets. At times, additional traffic control measures will be implemented that may disrupt the flow of traffic during construction. The following intersections below will encounter periodic disruptions of traffic flow to include daytime closures and detouring as depicted below.
- Treyway Lane: Treyway Lane will be closed to through traffic between Joliet Drive and Williams Drive. Residents will be detoured onto Joliet Drive, then onto Melisa Lane and then to Williams Drive.
- Melisa Lane: Melisa Lane will be closed to through traffic between Joliet Drive and Williams Drive. Residents will be detoured onto Joliet Drive, then onto Treyway Lane and then to Williams Drive.
- Leslie Lane: Leslie Lane will be closed to through traffic between Joliet Drive and Williams Road. Residents will be detoured onto Joliet Drive, then onto Melisa Lane and then to Williams Drive.
- Williams Drive will continue to have one lane of traffic in each direction through the work area.
- Only one street will be closed at any one time.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
During this phase of the construction, northbound Tuloso Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Leopard Street. Northbound Tuloso Road traffic will be detoured onto Suntide Road to IH-37.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Greenwood Drive traffic, between Gollihar Road and Horne Road, is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets into the residential neighborhoods will remain open to traffic.
Navigation Boulevard (Capital Improvements Program)
Beginning December 21, until completion of this phase of the project, Navigation Boulevard traffic between Up River Road and Leopard Street will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. The existing traffic control devices placed by TXDOT at IH-37 access road intersections will remain in place.
For more information, contact Traffic Engineering at (361) 826-3547.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/.