Weekly Road Closures July 30-August 3
NEW – Hall Avenue (Contractor)
From Monday, July 30 through Friday, August 3, weather permitting, utility crews are scheduled to work in the 5700 block of Hall Avenue near the Lantana intersection. Hall Avenue will be reduced to one lane of traffic with flaggers on site.
NEW – Old Brownsville Road Street (Contractor)
On Tuesday, July 31, weather permitting, utility crews are scheduled to work on Old Brownsville Road near the Bear Lane intersection. Old Brownsville Road southbound will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
NEW – Staples Street (Contractor)
On Wednesday, August 1, weather permitting, utility work crews are scheduled to work on Staples Street between Barry Street and Gollihar Road. Northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic at the work site.
NEW – Nile Drive (Contractor)
On Wednesday, August 1, weather permitting, utility work crews are scheduled to work at the 1000 Block of Nile Drive between Aswan Drive and Pharaoh Drive. Nile Drive northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
Alameda Street (Contractor)
From Thursday, July 26 through Monday, August 27, weather permitting, contractors will be doing utility work on Alameda Street between Buford Street and Elizabeth Street. During this period, Alameda Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the work zone. Flaggers will be on site to assist motorists through the area.
Beginning Tuesday, July 23, and for approximately two weeks, contractors will be doing utility work on Cimarron Boulevard just west of the Saratoga Boulevard intersection. Traffic Cimarron eastbound left turn lane will be closed to traffic.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Northbound Chaparral Street is closed between Starr Street and Taylor Street, vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
Through mid-August, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- One lane closure going east on Taylor St. from Mesquite St. to just past Chaparral St.
- Traffic will only go west on Taylor St. from Water St. though Mesquite St.
- Traffic will detour down Mesquite St., east on Peoples St., north on Water St. to west on Taylor St.
- All parking lot and business access will remain open.
Water Street (Contractors)
Starting Monday, July 9 through Sunday, September 9 City contractors will work on the traffic signals at Water Street and Taylor Street, and at Water Street and Twigg Street. During this time, there will be various one lane closures.
Coke Street (Harbor Bridge)
Starting Friday, June 22, and for approximately one month, weather permitting, contractors will be doing utility work on Coke Street between Martin Luther King Drive and Winnebago Street; and between Winnebago Street and Nueces Street. During this period, Coke Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be onsite to assist motorist through the work area.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
The westbound lanes on Yorktown Boulevard from Everhart Street to Staples Street are closed to traffic. Traffic is now on the newly paved eastbound lanes.
OSO Parkway (SPMP)
Beginning Wednesday, June 13, and for approximately three weeks; weather permitting, City contractors will be working on Oso Parkway from Staples Street to Lens Drive. Work will begin on the westbound lane then switch to the eastbound lane. As this work is ongoing, traffic will be reduced to one lane and a pilot vehicle to guide motorists through the work site.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Gollihar Road – Staples Street to Kostoryz Road (Bond 2014)
Starting May 3, contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. As this project is ongoing, traffic is shifted onto the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
Starting Saturday, April 7, the following traffic control plan will be implemented in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Morgan Avenue and Ayers Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Alameda Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Ayers Street and Cole Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Ayers Street: Traffic flow will be converted from two-way to one-way eastbound (toward Ocean Drive) between Staples Street and Santa Fe Street. Ayers Street, between Santa Fe Street and Ocean Drive, will be open to two-way traffic.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Traffic is on the eastbound lanes with one lane traffic in each direction between Lake Travis Drive and Everhart Road. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/