Weekly Road Closures July 20, 2019 – July 26
NOTE: ALL CLOSURES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER, EMERGENCY WORK, OR OTHER CURRENT EVENTS.
New – McArdle Road (City)
Beginning Monday, July 22, 2019, through Friday, July 26, 2019, city crews are performing road work on McArdle Road between Everhart Road and Homes Drive. McArdle Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Vehicles will still be allowed to enter and exit from the side streets.
New – Staples Street (AEP)
Beginning Monday, July 22, 2019, through Friday, July 26, 2019, AEP contractors are performing fiber optic installs on Staples Street between Cunningham Street and Cott Street. Staples Street northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic and the center turning lane will be closed to traffic on this section of Staples Street.
New – Cimarron Boulevard (IDIQ)
On Cimarron Boulevard between Grenoble Drive and Lens Drive the following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Southbound Cimarron Boulevard, between Grenoble Drive and Lens Drive, will be closed to all traffic, temporarily converting this section of roadway to ONE WAY northbound. Traffic traveling southbound in this area will need to seek alternate routes.
- Northbound Cimarron Boulevard will not be affected by the work zone.
New - Woolridge Road (Rock Engineering)
Beginning on Monday, July 15, 2019, through Thursday, August 15, 2019, contractors are performing soil borings and pavement cores on Wooldridge Road from Everhart Road to Cascade Drive. During this time, Wooldridge Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – Antelope Street (Abel’s Machine Movers)
Beginning on Friday, July 26, 2019, through Sunday, July 28, 2019, contractors are setting up a large crane on Antelope Street to remove chillers from the American Bank Plaza. Antelope Street will be closed to traffic between Tancahua Street and Carancahua Street and motorists are asked to follow the detour signs around the worksite.
Carroll Lane – McArdle to Houston (E13097, Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane continues as one way southbound between Brawner Parkway and Gollihar Road.
Traffic traveling northbound will continue following the detour in place to guide them around the Carroll Lane one way only limits.
Flato Road – Bates Road to Agnes Street (E15110, Bond 2014)
Construction continues on Flato Road with contractors working on installing underground utilities along this stretch of road. Various flagger-controlled lane closures will continue as construction progresses.
Beach Avenue (Rock Engineering)
Through Thursday, August 8, 2019, contractors are performing soil borings and pavement cores on Beach Avenue from the E. Causeway to Gulf Breeze. During this time, Beach Avenue will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
McArdle Road (Rock Engineering)
Through Thursday, August 8, 2019, contractors are performing soil borings and pavement cores on McArdle Road from Kostoryz Road to Carroll Lane. There will be various lane closures through the worksite.
Airline Road (Rock Engineering)
Through Thursday, August 8, 2019, contractors are performing soil borings and pavement cores on Airline Road from South Padre Island Drive to McArdle Road. There will be various lane closures through the worksite.
Staples Street - Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (E12095, Bond 2012)
Until the project is completed, the following traffic control plan is implemented
- The current two-lane traffic configuration on Staples Street will be extended through the Texan Trail intersection. This will reduce northbound and southbound Staples Street to one lane through the intersection
- Westbound Texan Trail will be reduced to one lane and shifted to the south half of the intersection approach and continue as one lane though the Staples Street intersection
- Eastbound Texan Trail will be reduced to one lane through the Staples Street intersection.
- Northbound traffic continues to be shifted onto the southbound lanes along Staples Street, between Texan Trail and Weber Road. Traffic is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work zone.
Gollihar Road – Weber Road to Staples Street (Project E13087, Bond 2014)
Until the project is completed, the following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Traffic traveling northbound and southbound on Weber Road will shift to the east side of Weber Road though the Gollihar Road intersection. Westside of Weber Road/Gollihar Road intersection will be closed to all traffic.
- Low profile barriers will be installed along the work area prohibiting left turn and through traffic movements.
- Traffic traveling westbound on Gollihar Road, at the Weber Road intersection, will be restricted to a “right only” movement onto northbound Weber Road.
- Traffic traveling eastbound on Gollihar Road will be detoured at Carroll Lane. Westside of Weber Road/Gollihar Road intersection will be closed to all traffic.
Holly Road (AEP)
Through September 2, 2019, AEP contractors will be performing utility work replacing utility poles along Holly Road between Lexington Road to Ennis Joslin Road. During this period, Holly Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists through the work zone.
Wooldridge Road (AEP)
Through Saturday, August 24, 2019, contractors are performing utility work on Woodridge Road from Las Brisas Street to N. Oso Parkway. Wooldridge Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic and flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists through the work zone limits.
Laguna Shores Road (E00154, IDIQ)
Contractors are working on utility improvements along Laguna Shores Road between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. As this project continues, Laguna Shores is closed to through traffic between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. Motorists should follow the detours around the work area.
Rodd Field - Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown Boulevard (E15112, Bond 2014)
Contractors have installed “NEW” STOP Signs and rumble strips on Rodd Field Road at the intersection of the Airline Road Extension. This intersection now operates as an “ALL-WAY” STOP intersection during construction.
Yorktown Boulevard remains closed to through traffic between Geiger Drive and Bay Drive.
Seagull Boulevard (Harbor Bridge Project)
During construction hours, Contractors will be performing utility work on Seagull Boulevard. The following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Seagull Boulevard will be closed between Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue.
- Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue will be closed to traffic from E. Causeway Boulevard to Seagull Boulevard.
- Surfboard Avenue and Gulfspray Avenue will be closed to through traffic from Timon Boulevard to Seagull.
Airline Road – South Padre Island (SPID) to Holly Road (SPMP)
During construction hours, there will be various lane closures along either northbound or southbound Airline Road, between South Padre Island Drive and Holly Road. At the intersection of Williams Drive, the outside lanes along eastbound and westbound Williams Drive will be closed to traffic. Motorists will still be permitted to make right turns onto Airline Road.
Yorktown Boulevard – Everhart Road to Staples Street (E130196, Bond 2014)
At the intersection of Everhart Road, motorists are advised to follow construction zone signage to guide them through the lane shifts and configuration at the intersection.
North Beach Area Road Improvements & Area Beautification (E12127/ E12129, Bond 2012)
North Shoreline Boulevard will be closed from Bridgeport Avenue to Coastal Avenue and will remain in place until this phase of the project is completed. Traffic is reduced to one lane along North Shoreline Boulevard from Pearl Avenue to Bridgeport Avenue. The intersection of Breakwater Avenue is closed at North Shoreline Boulevard. Motorists should follow the detour signs around the work areas.
Old Robstown Road – Highway 44 to Leopard Street (E13098, Bond 2014)
Old Robstown Road is reduced to one lane, in the southbound direction, between Up River Road and Highway 44 (Agnes Street). Motorists at the SH 44 intersection, seeking to go northbound along Old Robstown Road, are encouraged to follow the detour signs around the work zone.
South Alameda Street (Ayers Street to Louisiana Avenue E12091, Bond 2012)
Various daily lane closures.
Street Preventive Maintenance Program (SPMP) / Residential Street Rebuild Project (RSRP)
The following Streets are being repaired as part of the City’s Street Preventative Maintenance Program or Residential Street Rebuild Project programs. Motorists are encouraged to be aware of the ongoing construction at these locations:
- North Carancahua Street – Lipan Street to Coopers Alley.
- Cimarron Boulevard – Saratoga Boulevard to Yorktown
- Doddridge Street – Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street
- First National Drive – South Padre Island Drive to Compton Road
- Flour Bluff Drive – Glenoak Drive to Purdue Road
- Glasgow Drive – Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive
- Louisiana Street – Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive
- Robert Drive – Alameda Street to Junior Terrace
- Rodd Field Road – South Padre Island Drive to McArdle Road
- Acacia Drive – Mueller Street to Interstate Highway 37
- Alameda Street-Rio Vista Drive – Waverly Drive to Alameda Street
- Bois D Arc Place – Greenwood Drive to Black Jack Place
- Fleet Avenue – Beechcraft Avenue to Ryan Street
- Harriett Drive – Prescott Street to Vestal Street
- Lake Tahoe Drive – Sun Valley Drive to Snowbird Drive
- Lancaster Drive – Leopard Street to Mueller Street
- Moravian Drive – McArdle Road to South Padre Island Drive
- Leigh Drive – Villa Drive to Breckenridge Drive
- O’Hara Drive – Mc Alpin Drive to West Shea Parkway
- Snowbird Drive - Lake Tahoe Drive to Sun Valley Drive
- Yukon Drive – Jordan Drive to Brazos Drive
- Zaragoza Street – Guatemozin Street to Airport Road
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKe8B7SdnH50i-g6XMMn7rEZUos&usp=sharing