Weekly Road Closures February 23 - March 1
NEW - 200 Block of Chaparral Street (IDIQ)
Contractors extended the work at the 200 Block of Chaparral Street from Monday, February 25 thru Wednesday, February 27, 2019; weather permitting, Work will be within the parking lanes and will not close any traffic lanes. Work is scheduled to start each night at 9:00 pm until 5:00 am
New - Intersection of Chaparral Street and Kinney Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Wednesday, February 20, 2019, and for approximately 4 weeks; weather permitting, City contractors will work on the concrete island located within the intersection. As this project is ongoing, South Chaparral Street will be closed to through traffic from Born Street to Kinney Street. While at the same time, Kinney Street will be closed to through traffic from Chaparral Street to the parking lot driveway. In addition, the Kinney Street access ramp off of Agnes Street will be closed to traffic.
New – Third Street (Contractors)
On Saturday, February 23, 2019, weather permitting; Third street will be closed to traffic while contractors begin the two-way conversion of Third Street. During this period the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Third Street will be closed to traffic from Morgan Avenue to Elizabeth Street.
- Elizabeth Street eastbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic from Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive.
- Elizabeth Street westbound traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic from Ocean Drive to Third Street.
- Eastbound Williams Drive traffic will only be permitted to make right turns onto southbound Airline Road. No left turns are permitted.
New – Winnebago Street (Harbor Bridge)
The work on 1800 Winnebago has been extended from Friday, February 22 through Thursday, February 28, 2019; weather permitting. Winnebago Street will be closed to traffic between Brownlee Boulevard and Coke Street. Westbound Winnebago traffic will detour onto Brownlee Boulevard, onto Martin Luther King Boulevard, onto northbound Port Avenue to Winnebago Street. Eastbound Winnebago Street traffic will detour onto northbound Port Avenue, onto eastbound Broadway Street, onto southbound Sam Rankin Street to Winnebago Street.
Cimarron Boulevard (Contractors)
Beginning Monday, February 4 thru Monday, March 4, 2019; weather permitting, AEP contractors will be replacing utility poles on east side of Cimarron Boulevard. As this project is ongoing, Cimarron traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Flaggers will be on site to assist motorists through the work area.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
Starting at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 22, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Eastbound and westbound Gollihar Road vehicular traffic will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Gollihar Road starting at Kostoryz Road to Carroll Lane. Eastbound and Westbound Gollihar Road will still continue as two lanes (one for each direction) during this phase of construction.
Saratoga Boulevard and Cimarron Boulevard Intersection (Contractor)
Starting at 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, January 16, 2019, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Southbound Cimarron Boulevard will be reduced to one lane through the Saratoga Boulevard intersection.
- Northbound Cimarron Boulevard will be reduced to one lane through the Saratoga Boulevard intersection.
- Northbound Cimarron Boulevard left turn lane will also be closed. (Be advised, left turns will be restricted at all times during the work zone)
North Beach Area Road Improvements & Area Beautification (Bond 2012)
On Thursday, January 10, 2019, the following traffic control plan will be implemented on North Beach: North Shoreline Boulevard: Closure of the right, northbound lane between Pearl Avenue and Breakwater Avenue for initial demolition work. Once the demolition work is complete, traffic will be reduced along to one lane along North Shoreline Boulevard from Pearl Avenue to Coastal Avenue. Parking for businesses is available along Surfside Boulevard.
Old Robstown Road (Bond 2014)
Southbound Old Robstown Road will be switched from the east side to the west side, onto the newly paved southbound lane. Traffic will remain southbound as one-lane, one-way traffic.
Staples Street - Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (Bond 2012)
Contractors have switched traffic to the newly constructed pavement on the south side of Staples Street between Carroll Lane and Brawner Parkway.
Laguna Shores Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Monday, November 26, 2018, and for six weeks; the following traffic control changes will begin on Laguna Shores Road:
- Phase I: Laguna Shores Road will be closed to traffic between Graham Road and Knickerbocker Street. Northbound Laguna Shores Road traffic will be detoured onto westbound Graham Road onto northbound Waldon Road to Knickerbocker Street.
- Phase II: Laguna Shores Road will be closed to traffic between Knickerbocker Street and South Padre Island Drive. Northbound Laguna Shores Road traffic will be detoured onto westbound Knickerbocker Street onto northbound Waldon Road to South Padre Island Drive.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning Thursday, November 8, the following traffic control changes will begin on Yorktown Boulevard:
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will switch to the newly constructed pavement between Oso Parkway and Everhart Road from the current Oso Parkway detour.
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will be reduced to one thru lane, and one right turn only lane at Thundersee Drive.
- Westbound Yorktown Boulevard will switch through the Everhart Road intersection on the southside and shift onto the newly constructed pavement on the north side at Thundersee Drive.
- The crossover at Yorktown Boulevard and Thundersee Drive will be closed during this phase of construction.
Belton Street (RSRP)
For the next two weeks, Belton Street is closed to thru traffic between Sarita Street and David Street.
The southbound lanes on Alameda Street from Everhart Road to Sheridan Drive will be closed. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction on the north side of Alameda Street.
Six Points Area (Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.
For a map of the Citywide Active Street Improvement Projects, please visit https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKe8B7SdnH50i-g6XMMn7rEZUos&usp=sharing