Weekly Road Closures February 10-16
NEW - Resaca Street and Water Street
Resaca Street from Water Street to Shoreline Boulevard and Water Street from Resaca Street to Fitzgerald Street for events at the American Bank Center will be closed at the following times and days:
- February 8: 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- February 9: 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- February 10: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- February 14: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- February 16: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
NEW - Staples Street (AEP Contractors)
Beginning Monday, February 12 through Saturday, February 24, AEP contractors will be working on Staples Street between Coleman Street and Craig Street. During this project, southbound Staples Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Williams Drive (AT&T Contractors)
From Monday, February 5 through Friday, February 16, AT&T contractors will be working on Williams Drive between Staples Street and Airline Road. During this project, westbound Williams Drive will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Waco Street (Contractors)
From Monday, February 5 through Wednesday, February 14, contractors will be working on Waco Street near the Kinney Street intersection. During this time, Waco street will be closed to through traffic from Kinney Street to the Janet Harte Hall building. Drivers should follow the detours signs around the work site.
Staples Street (AEP Contractors)
From Thursday, January 25, through Friday, February 16, AEP contractors will remove utility poles on Staples Street between Colman Avenue and Craig Street. As this project is ongoing, southbound Staples Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Through March 31, there will be periodic lane closures on westbound Holly Road and at the major intersections.
Staples Street (AEP Contractors)
From Thursday, January 25, through Friday, February 16, southbound Staples Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic between Coleman Avenue and Craig Street.
Everhart Road (ID/IQ)
Beginning Monday, January 15 and for approximately 3 weeks; weather permitting, contractors will close one lane of traffic at the following locations:
- Everhart Road from SPID to Shadowbend Drive will be closed at Ocean Drive.
- Airline Road from Williams Drive to Saratoga Boulevard
- Spohn Drive at Parkway Drive. and at Saratoga Boulevard
- Waldron Road at Lakeside Drive
- Naval Air Station Drive at Scotland Drive
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Bond 2012 Ocean Drive project:
- One lane on Ayers Street between Ocean Drive and Santa Fe Street will be open – westbound toward Santa Fe Street only. Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane at Ayers Street.
- Second Street and Third Street approaching Ayers Street will remain open. Thru traffic and left turns will be allowed from Third Street.
- Southbound Ocean Drive traffic will be allowed to turn right on Ayers Street and northbound Ocean Drive traffic will have a dedicated left turn lane.
- Two-way traffic will remain open at Elizabeth Street. Northbound Ocean Drive traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Elizabeth Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Southbound Yorktown Boulevard will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Other traffic impacts such as temporary lane closers are expected during this transition.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Horne Road and Gollihar Road will have various lane closures as road work continues.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Chaparral Street (Bond 2014)
North Chaparral Street is closed between Schatzall Street and Peoples Street. Detours will be in place to guide motorist around the construction zone. In addition, eastbound People’s Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the Chaparral intersection. Traffic control plan will remain in place until the project is complete.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
Tuloso Road, between IH-37 and Leopard Street, is open to the public. Southbound Tuloso Road traffic will be detoured onto Suntide Road, onto Leopard Street to Tuloso Road.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be cautious of various lane closures throughout the project.
Beach Access Road 2
Access Road 2 on North Padre Island is closed during construction. During this period, all traffic will be detoured onto Access Road 1. Access Road 2 will be accessible only to emergency vehicles – no other traffic is permitted.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
City contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. Traffic is shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
McArdle Road, between Arnold Drive and Nile Drive, is reduced to one lane. Flaggers will be on-site to assist motorists through the work zone.
After the first part is complete, McArdle Road will be open to two lanes of traffic in each direction from Arnold Drive to Nile Drive and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction from Whittaker Drive to Arnold Drive.
Ayers Street (Bond 2014)
Eastbound Booty Street is closed at the Santa Fe Street intersection and the detour to Santa Fe Street will be through Ayers Street. At the same time, eastbound Ayers Street traffic is reduced to one lane at the intersection. Ayers Street will be closed to traffic on the east side of Santa Fe Street. Northbound and southbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the Ayers Street intersection. As of Thursday, July 20, the following temporary traffic control plan was implemented:
- Santa Fe Street: Northbound Santa Fe Street traffic is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction through the intersection.
- Ayers Street: Eastbound Ayers Street traffic approaching Santa Fe Street is reduced to one lane of traffic and left turns onto northbound Santa Fe Street will be permitted. Eastbound Ayers Street is closed to traffic from Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive. While at the same time, Ayers Street traffic is reduced to one lane and is a one-way from Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street. Detour onto Ayers Street is from Ocean Drive, onto Del Mar Boulevard, onto Third Street to Ayers Street.
- Second Street: Access to Second Street is through Ocean Drive. Motorists exiting Second Street must turn left onto Ayers Street to Santa Fe Street.
- Third Street: Third Street traffic approaching Ayers Street is reduced to one lane of traffic. Thru traffic and left turns are allowed from Third Street.
Southern Minerals Road
Southern Minerals Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Up River Road. Motorists needing access to Up River Road from westbound IH-37 will detour onto Goldston Road to Up River Road. Those needing access to IH-37 from Up River Road will detour onto Valero Way to IH-37.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
The following traffic control plan is implemented for the Alameda Street Improvement project:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic is reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue is shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection is reduced to one lane.
Lawrence Street between Mesquite Street and Chaparral Street is partially open to traffic and is reduced to one lane with the traffic merger beginning between Upper Broadway and Mesquite Street.