Weekly Road Closures December 2 - 8
New – Sacky Drive and Tiger Lane (SPMP)
Starting Tuesday, December 5, 2017 through Thursday, December 7, 2017, City Contractors will be doing road work on both Sacky Drive and Tiger Lane between Buggywhip Drive and Ayers Street. During this period, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Sacky Drive: On Tuesday, December 5, 2017, Ayers Street will be reduced to one northbound traffic lane through the Sacky Drive intersection. In addition, westbound Sacky Drive will be shifted onto the eastbound lane. Flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists through the work zone.
Tiger Lane: On Wednesday, December 6, 2017, Tiger Lane westbound traffic will be shifted onto the eastbound lane with one lane in each direction. In addition, on Thursday, December 7, 2017, eastbound Tiger lane will be shifted onto the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
New - Chaparral Street (Bond 2014)
Chaparral Street is closed to traffic between Schatzell Street and Peoples Street until completion of this phase of the project. Motorists should follow the detour signs directing them around the work zone. In addition, People Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic at the North Chaparral intersection.
Ayers Street and Baldwin Boulevard (ID/IQ)
On Friday, November 29, 2017 and for two weeks, weather permitting; City contractors will begin utility work at the intersection of Ayers Street and Baldwin Boulevard. During this ongoing pipe bursting project, the work will be completed in three phases:
Phase I and Phase II: At the intersection, northbound Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic and one right turning lane. Left turns will be permitted onto westbound Baldwin Boulevard.
Phase III: Westbound Baldwin Boulevard traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the intersection.
Tuloso Road (Bond 2012)
Beginning Wednesday, November 15, 2017, a new construction phase will start on the Tuloso Road Improvement Project. During this phase, Tuloso Road, between IH-37 and Leopard Street, will be open to the public. Southbound Tuloso Road traffic will be detoured onto Suntide Road, onto Leopard Street to Tuloso Road.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
Beginning Monday, November 13, 2017, and for the next 30 days, there will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Cimarron Boulevard (ID/IQ)
Beginning Monday, November 6, 2017, and until completion, City contractors will be reducing traffic on either the southbound or northbound Cimarron Boulevard between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists should be caution of various lane closures throughout the project.
Access Road 2 Road (CIP)
Beginning Friday, November 8, 2017, City contractors will be closing Access Road 2 on North Padre Island for approximately 90 days. During this period, all traffic will be detoured onto Access Road 1. Access Road 2 will be accessible only to emergency vehicles – no other traffic is permitted.
Ocean Drive (2012)
Beginning Wednesday, October 25, 2017, Traffic changes on Ocean Drive from Louisiana Avenue to Furman Avenue are as follows:
- Traffic will be narrowed to the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction beginning at Louisiana Avenue to Furman Avenue.
- The Ayers Street intersection at Ocean Drive will continue to be closed.
- Northbound traffic will not be allowed to turn left at Del Mar Boulevard, Ayers Street and Elizabeth Street. A dedicated left turn at Morgan Avenue and Buford Street for northbound traffic will remain open.
- Left turns will be allowed for southbound traffic at Elizabeth Street.
- Northbound and southbound Ocean Drive traffic should use Morgan Avenue since the Ayers Street intersection at Ocean Drive will be temporarily closed.
- Southern, Naples, and Cole streets will be restricted to resident traffic only with no through traffic to Ocean Drive. Del Mar Boulevard and Atlantic Street will have intermittent access to Ocean Drive.
- Eastbound traffic on Louisiana will be required to go south on Ocean Drive. If a vehicle wishes to go north on Ocean Drive, then the driver will need to go south and make a U-turn to go back to the north.
- The posted speed limit is 25 MPH through the construction area.
- Pedestrian access will be closed along the southbound lanes between Louisiana Avenue and Morgan Avenue including the sidewalks adjacent to Christus Spohn Hospital - Shoreline. Pedestrian access through the construction zone will be transferred to the newly completed sidewalks along the northbound lanes. Temporary pedestrian access crossing Ocean Drive will remain at the Del Mar Boulevard intersection. Bicyclists are encouraged to find another route.
New - Holly Road (AEP Contractors)
Beginning November 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018, AEP contractors will be installing overhead electrical wiring from the substation between Airline Road and Staples Street to the substation on Ayers Street. During this period, there will be periodic lane closures on westbound Holly Road, and at the major intersections.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
During the Carroll Lane Improvement Project, Carroll Lane will be reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
Horne Road (SPMP)
Beginning Monday, September 25, and for three weeks, City contractors will be doing road work on Horne Road between Old Brownsville Road and Elvira Drive. During this time, eastbound Horne Road traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Airline Road (SPMP)
Beginning Tuesday, September 19, City contractors will be working on Airline Road between Wilma Drive and Ocean Drive. Eastbound Airline Road traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Gollihar Road (Bond 2014)
City contractors will be working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. Traffic will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Greenwood Drive (Bond 2012)
Starting Tuesday, July 25, City contractors, between Horne Road and Gollihar Road, will switch the northbound traffic onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets on the east side of Greenwood Drive will remain open.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
Starting Saturday, August 19, and for three weeks, McArdle Road, between Arnold Drive and Nile Drive, will be reduced to one lane for road work. Flaggers will be on-site to assist motorists through the work zone.
After the first part is complete, McArdle Road will be open to two lanes of traffic in each direction from Arnold Drive to Nile Drive and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction from Whittaker Drive to Arnold Drive.
Williams Drive (Bond 2012)
Beginning Monday, August 7 and for approximately six weeks, weather permitting, City contractors will shift traffic onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction between Staples Street to Treyway Lane.
Ayers Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Tuesday, July 25, weather permitting, city contractors will be working on Ayers Street at the Santa Fe Street, and Booty Street intersection. During this time, eastbound Booty Street will be closed at the intersection and the detour to Santa Fe Street will be through Ayers Street. At the same time, eastbound Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane at the intersection. Ayers Street will be closed to traffic on the east side of Santa Fe Street. Northbound and southbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be reduced to one lane through the Ayers Street intersection. As of Thursday, July 20, the following temporary traffic control plan was implemented:
- Santa Fe Street: Northbound Santa Fe Street traffic will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction through the intersection.
- Ayers Street: Eastbound Ayers Street traffic approaching Santa Fe Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic and left turns onto northbound Santa Fe Street will be permitted. Eastbound Ayers Street will be closed to traffic from Santa Fe Street to Ocean Drive. While at the same time, Ayers Street traffic will be reduced to one lane and become one-way from Ocean Drive to Santa Fe Street. Detour onto Ayers Street will be from Ocean Drive, onto Del Mar Boulevard, onto Third Street to Ayers Street.
- Second Street: Access to Second Street will be through Ocean Drive. Motorists exiting Second Street will need to turn left onto Ayers Street to Santa Fe Street.
- Third Street: Third Street traffic approaching Ayers Street will be reduced to one of traffic. Thru traffic and left turns will be permitted from Third Street.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Phase one of the Yorktown Boulevard project between Everhart Road and Yorkshire Drive started. Eastbound traffic will be shifted to the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Motorists traveling northbound on Lipes Boulevard will not be allowed to make a left turn onto Yorktown Boulevard. Motorists are reminded of the reduced speed limit to 25 MPH through the work zone.
Southern Minerals Road
Southern Minerals Road is closed to traffic between IH-37 and Up River Road. Motorists needing access to Up River Road from westbound IH-37 will detour onto Goldston Road to Up River Road. Those needing access to IH-37 from Up River Road will detour onto Valero Way to IH-37.
Alameda Street (Bond 2012)
As of Friday, June 9, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
Staples Street: Southbound Staples Street traffic will be reduced to one lane approaching the Six Points intersection.
Alameda Street: Traffic on Alameda Street between Six Points and Louisiana Avenue will be shifted onto the southbound lanes with one lane in each direction. All side streets off Alameda Street will remain open to traffic. Northbound traffic approaching the Louisiana Avenue intersection will be reduced to one lane.
Lawrence Street between Mesquite Street and Chaparral Street is partially open to traffic and is currently reduced to one lane with the traffic merger beginning between Upper Broadway and Mesquite Street.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/.