Weekly Road Closures December 15 - 21
New – Sheridan Drive (Contractors)
Beginning Monday, December 17 thru Wednesday, December 19, 2018, weather permitting; contractors will close Sheridan Drive to thru traffic between Alameda Street and Harry Street. Motorists are asked to follow the detour signs around the work area.
New – Airline Road (Contractors)
Beginning Monday, December 17 thru Friday, December 21, 2018, weather permitting; contractors will be reducing northbound Airline Road to one lane of traffic between Williams Street and South Padre Island Drive.
New – Staples Street Kostoryz Road to Brawner Parkway (Bond 2012)
Beginning Wednesday, December 12, 2018, weather permitting; City Contractors will be switching traffic to the newly constructed pavement on the south side of Staples Street between Carroll Lane and Brawner Parkway.
Laguna Shores Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Monday, December 17, 2018, contractors will close Laguna Shores Road, from South Padre Island Drive (SPID) to Graham Road. The duration of this closure is two (2) weeks, weather permitting. Knickerbocker Street will remain open for local thru traffic. Motorists are asked to follow the detour signs around the work area.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning Thursday, November 8, the following traffic control changes will begin on Yorktown Boulevard:
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will switch to the newly constructed pavement between Oso Parkway and Everhart Road from the current Oso Parkway detour.
- Eastbound Yorktown Boulevard will be reduced to one thru lane, and one right turn only lane at Thundersee Drive.
- Westbound Yorktown Boulevard, will switch through the Everhart Road intersection on the southside and shift onto the newly constructed pavement on the north side at Thundersee Drive.
- The crossover at Yorktown Boulevard and Thundersee Drive will be closed during this phase of construction.
Carancahua Street (Contractor)
Beginning on Thursday, November 8, 2018, and for the next 90 days, weather permitting, AEP contractors are doing utility work on Carancahua Street between Antelope Street and Buffalo Street. During this period, Carancahua will be closed to one lane of traffic.
Through Friday, December 21, contractors will be working on sidewalks and driveway approaches on Elizabeth Street. As this project is ongoing, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Eastbound Elizabeth Street traffic will be reduced to one lane from Santa Fe Street to Third Street.
- Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction from Third Street to the Hospital Parking Garage entrance.
- Westbound Lanes will be shifted onto the eastbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Brock Drive (RSRP)
Brock Drive is closed to thru traffic between Lambert Drive and Gollihar Road. Gollihar Road and Brock Drive are closed to all traffic.
Bolivar Street (RSRP)
Bolivar Street is closed to thru traffic between Sarita Street and David Street. At Sarita Street, Bolivar Street will be closed to all traffic. Local residential traffic will be allowed through Niagara Street.
The southbound lanes on Alameda Street from Everhart Road to Sheridan Drive will be closed. There will only be one lane of traffic in each direction on the north side of Alameda Street.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane one-way traffic will be switched to the opposite direction, from southbound to northbound, between McArdle Road and Gollihar Road. Traffic will also be switched to the newly constructed roadway during this time.
Six Points Area (Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
- The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.