Weekly Road Closures August 4-10
NEW – Various Streets
City contractors will be working inside manholes throughout the City and the following traffic control plans will be implemented:
- McBride Lane: Mc Bride Lane will be reduced to one lane near the Erin Drive intersection.
- Buddy Lawrence: Northbound Buddy Lawrence traffic will be reduced to one lane near the Nueces Bay Boulevard intersection.
- Wooldridge Road: Eastbound Wooldridge Road traffic will be reduced to one lane near the Fulton Drive intersection.
- Kostoryz Road: Northbound Kostoryz Road traffic will be reduced to one lane north of Gollihar Road.
- Wooldridge Road: Eastbound Wooldridge Road traffic will be reduced to one lane near the Fleece Drive intersection.
- Gollihar Road: Eastbound Gollihar Road traffic will be reduced to one lane west of the Staples Street intersection.
- Nile Drive: Nile Drive will be reduced to one lane near the Southhaven Drive intersection.
- Carancahua Street: Carancahua Street will be reduced to one lane near the Coopers Alley intersection.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning August 1, the following traffic control plan will be implemented on Yorktown Boulevard between Lake Superior Drive and Everhart Road:
- Contractors will switch two-way traffic onto the westbound lanes, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway.
- All eastbound traffic, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway, will detour to Oso Parkway and Everhart Road to continue east along Yorktown Boulevard.
- Westbound traffic, between Staples Street and Everhart Road, will switch to the newly paved westbound lanes of Yorktown Boulevard, at the Everhart Road intersection.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Northbound and southbound lanes, between Morgan Avenue and Ayers Street, will be shifted from the west to the east side of the road.
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic flow will be converted from two-way to one-way eastbound (toward Ocean Drive) between Staples Street and Santa Fe Street. Ayers Street, between Santa Fe Street and Ocean Drive, will be open to two-way traffic.
Old Brownsville Road Street (Contractor)
Starting Tuesday, July 31, weather permitting, utility crews are scheduled to work on Old Brownsville Road near the Bear Lane intersection. Southbound Old Brownsville Road traffic will be reduced to one lane.
Beginning Tuesday, July 23, and for approximately two weeks, contractors will be doing utility work on Cimarron Boulevard just west of the Saratoga Boulevard intersection. Traffic Cimarron eastbound left turn lane will be closed to traffic.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Northbound Chaparral Street is closed between Starr Street and Taylor Street, vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
Through mid-August, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- One lane closure going east on Taylor St. from Mesquite St. to just past Chaparral St.
- Traffic will only go west on Taylor St. from Water St. though Mesquite St.
- Traffic will detour down Mesquite St., east on Peoples St., north on Water St. to west on Taylor St.
- All parking lot and business access will remain open.
Water Street (Contractors)
Through September 9 City contractors will work on the traffic signals at Water Street and Taylor Street, and at Water Street and Twigg Street. During this time, there will be various one lane closures.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Gollihar Road – Staples Street to Kostoryz Road (Bond 2014)
Contractors are working on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Kostoryz Road. As this project is ongoing, traffic is shifted onto the westbound lanes with one lane in each direction.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented:
- Corona Drive will be converted to ONE WAY traffic eastbound between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road. Traffic will travel in one direction from Flynn Parkway to Everhart Road.
- Tiger Lane will be closed between Oakhurst Drive and Flynn Parkway. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
- Flynn Parkway will be closed between Corona Drive and Stonegate Way. A detour will guide motorists around the work zone.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
Elizabeth Street (Contractors)
There will be various lane closures on Elizabeth Street from Third Street to Ocean Drive. Throughout the various phases of this project, Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the work site. Drivers are reminded this is still an active Hospital Zone.
Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane is reduced to one-way southbound traffic between Gollihar Road and McArdle Road.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/