Weekly Road Closures August 25-September 1
New – Elizabeth Street (Contractor)
On Saturday, August 25 and Sunday, August 26, weather permitting, contractors will do utility work at the intersection of Elizabeth Street and Third Street. As this work is ongoing, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Eastbound Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Westbound Elizabeth Street traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- The left turning lane on northbound Santa Fe Street onto Elizabeth Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
New – 5400 block of Gollihar Road (Contractor)
Beginning Monday, August 27, and for approximately five days, one lane will be closed on Gollihar Road from Meadowbrook Drive to Brock Drive.
New - Buffalo Street – (Contractors)
Through September 18, Buffalo Street is closed between Tancahua Street and Carancahua Street.
New - Carroll Lane (Bond 2014)
Carroll Lane one-way traffic will be switched to the opposite direction, from southbound to northbound, between McArdle Road and Gollihar Road. Traffic will also be switched to the newly constructed roadway during this time.
Battlin’ Buc Boulevard at Miller High School – (Contractor)
Battlin’ Buc Boulevard is temporarily closed in front of the Miller Hiigh School from Mesquite Street to the east side of the private access entrance on Lipan Street.
Chaparral Street Phase 2 (Bond 2014)
Starting Monday, August 20, contractors are scheduled to close Chaparral Street from Taylor Street to Twigg Street, and traffic will detour around the work zone. The current closure on Taylor Street will switch sides starting Monday, and traffic will only be allowed to travel east from Mesquite Street to Water Street.
Grand Junction (SPMP)
Beginning Monday, August 20, and for approximately one month, there will be various lane closures on Grand Junction Drive from Wapentate Drive to Everhart Road.
Cimarron Boulevard (SPMP)
Beginning Monday, August 20, and for approximately one week, there will be various lane closures on Cimarron Boulevard from Lipes Boulevard to Dunbarton Oak Street. Motorists are advised to follow the detours signs around the work site.
Staples Street (Bond 2014)
Starting at 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 14, the Staples Street and Alameda Street intersection will be completely closed to traffic. The work is expected to be complete and the intersection open by Monday, August 20.
Everhart Road – (SPMP)
Beginning on Tuesday, August 14, and for two months, weather permitting; City contractors are scheduled to work on Everhart Road from Cedar Pass Drive to Silver Ridge Road, and Glasgow Drive from Timbergate Drive to Ridge Stone Drive. As this work is ongoing, there will be various lane closures as contractors do driveways, sidewalks, curb and gutter, and install ADA ramps.
Yorktown Boulevard (Bond 2014)
Beginning August 1, the following traffic control plan will be implemented on Yorktown Boulevard between Lake Superior Drive and Everhart Road:
- Contractors will switch two-way traffic onto the westbound lanes, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway.
- All eastbound traffic, between Lake Superior Drive and Oso Parkway, will detour to Oso Parkway and Everhart Road to continue east along Yorktown Boulevard.
- Westbound traffic, between Staples Street and Everhart Road, will switch to the newly paved westbound lanes of Yorktown Boulevard, at the Everhart Road intersection.
Six Points Area (Staples, Alameda, and Ayers Bond Projects)
The following traffic control plan is in the Six Points area:
- Staples Street: Traffic is shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction from Morgan Avenue to Six-Points. Side streets are open to traffic.
- Alameda Street: Alameda Street, between Louisiana Avenue and Cole Street, is ONE-WAY northbound. Southbound Alameda Street is CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC at the Ayers Street/Staples Street intersection.
- Ayers Street: Traffic Ayers Street traffic is converted to one-way eastbound lane from Staples Street to Santa Fe Street.
McArdle Road and Gollihar Road (IDIQ)
Beginning Thursday, May 17 and for approximately 2 months, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road between Andover Street and Staples Street, and on Gollihar Road between Staples Street and Meadowbrook Road. As this work is ongoing, McArdle Road and Gollihar Road will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Corona Drive (Bond 2014)
The following traffic control plan is implemented on Corona Drive:
- Eastbound one-way traffic on Corona Drive will shift to the newly constructed pavement on the north side of Corona Drive starting at Flynn Parkway to Embassy Drive.
- The newly constructed Flynn Parkway/Tiger Lane/Corona Drive intersection will be open to all traffic. Corona Drive will remain one-way to eastbound traffic between Flynn Parkway and Everhart Road.
The following traffic control plan is implemented until the project is completed:
- Westbound Morgan Street will be closed at Santa Fe Street to Staples Street, and vehicular traffic will be detoured around the work zone.
- Eastbound Morgan Street will be reduced to one lane from Staples Street to Seventh Street, will become two eastbound lanes of traffic from Seventh Street to Santa Fe street. Vehicles will be allowed to cross the Morgan/Staples Street intersection with caution.
For information related to all current and upcoming lane closures associated with the Harbor Bridge project, please visit http://www.harborbridgeproject.com/