Weekly Road Closures Aug. 6-12
New work this week in various parts throughout the City including Flato Road, McArdle Road and Yorktown Boulevard. Drive safetly.
New- Flato Road
From August 8 to August 12; weather permitting, City contractors will periodically reduce Flato Road to one lane of traffic between Bates Road and Agnes Street.
New- McArdle Road (IDIQ)
On August 8 and for one week; weather permitting, City contractors will reduce McArdle Road to one lane of traffic in each direction between Holes Drive and Shopping Way. Left turns will not be allowed.
New- Blucher Street
On August 3 and for the next two weeks, City contractors will close Blucher Street at the Staples Street intersection for utility work. Staples Street traffic can detour to Comanche Street.
New- Yorktown Boulevard
Beginning August 3 through August 10, City contractors will reduce Yorktown Boulevard to one lane of traffic for field testing. Flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists.
Beginning July 25 through August 5, City contractors will reduce Sunnybrook Road to one lane of traffic between Cheryl Drive and Dodd Drive to conduct utility work.
International Drive (Bond 2012)
Beginning July 25, and for the next six months, City contractors will have various lane closures on International Drive as part of the International Drive Road Improvement bond project. Motorists are asked to be mindful of the various lane closures when driving on International Drive to the airport. Work is scheduled on International Drive between Agnes Street and near the Glasson Drive intersection.
Santa Fe Street (Bond 2014)
Beginning Tuesday, July 26 and until completion, City contractors will work on Santa Fe Street from Hancock Avenue to Morgan Avenue. As the work continues, Santa Fe Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work area. In addition, the west side of intersections at Hancock Avenue, Buford Street and Craig Street will be open to traffic. The east side of these intersections will remain closed. No eastbound turns will be allowed at these intersections.
Park Road 22
Beginning on Thursday, July 14 through Friday, August 26, 2016, City contractors will be working on Park Road 22 at the Aquarius Street intersection. As the project is ongoing, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- Traffic Signal installation: Southbound Park Road 22 traffic will be narrowed while a new signal is being installed.
- Removal of Existing Median: Park Road 22 left turn lanes at the Aquarius St. intersection will be closed to traffic. No left turns will be permitted at the intersection.
Staples Street (Bond 2012)
Beginning Monday, May 30 until completion, Staples Street between Comanche Street and Morgan Avenue, will be shifted to the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. Caldwell Street and Mussett Street will be closed to traffic.
Schatzel Street is closed to traffic between Chaparral Street and Mesquite Street. Westbound Schatzel traffic will detour onto Chaparral Street, then onto Taylor Street, to Mesquite Street to Schatzel Street.
Ocean Drive (Bond 2012)
Until completion of Phase I, city contractors will do utility work on Ocean Drive between Ayers Street and Buford Street. During this time, the northbound Ocean Drive traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic through the work site.
Williams Drive (Bond 2012)
Beginning July 6, 2016 and until the completion of the work the following Traffic Control Plan will be implemented:
- City contractors will be doing road work at the Airline Road and Williams Drive intersection. No left turns are permitted within the work zone of Airline Drive.
- Southbound Airline Road traffic will be shifted onto the northbound lanes and traffic will be reduced to one in each direction. No left turns will be allowed at the intersection
- Eastbound Williams Drive is closed to thru traffic between Candlewood Drive and Airline Road. Eastbound Williams Drive traffic will be detoured onto southbound Rodd Field Road, unto Treyway Lane to Williams Drive. No Left turn permitted at the Williams Drive/Airline road intersection.
- Westbound Williams Drive traffic will detour southbound on Airline Road, to eastbound Holly Road, onto northbound Rodd Field Road, to Williams Drive.
- Northbound Airline Road traffic will detour to the eastbound onto South Padre Island Drive access road, onto southbound Candlewood Drive to Williams Drive.
Navigation Boulevard (CIP)
Until completion, southbound Navigation traffic between Up River Road and Leopard Street, will be shifted onto the northbound lanes with one lane in each direction. This doesn’t include the TXDOT right-of-way between the IH-37 access roads.
McArdle Road (Bond 2012)
For the next six months; weather permitting, City contractors will be working on McArdle Road. During this period, the following traffic control plan will be implemented:
- The eastbound or westbound McArdle Road traffic between Prince Drive and Nile Drive will be periodically reduced to one lane through the work site. Motorists should follow detour signs and flaggers.
- McArdle Road, from the Islamic Society of Southern Texas entrance to Ennis Joslin Road. Motorists needing access to this section of McArdle Road can take Nile Drive to McArdle Road.
Lawrence Street will be closed from Mesquite Street to Chaparral Street. There is no parking permitted on Mesquite Street from Schatzel Street to Lawrence Street.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at 826-3547.