Upcoming COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics Next Week
Final Weekend for Vaccination Clinics at Buc Days
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX –The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District will provide several opportunities for individuals to receive their single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or their first or second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine next week.
In partnership with the Buccaneer Commission, the Health District will have vaccination clinics outside the two Buc Days entrance gates on Friday, May 7, through Sunday, May 9. One entrance gate is located on Water Street, and the other entrance gate is located at Brewster Street and Chaparral Street near the Harbor Playhouse. The clinic hours at Buc Days are Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday from 12.00 p.m. to 4 p.m. Individuals do not need to pre-register to receive a vaccination and will get a free one-day admission into the Buc Days festival. Both Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be available this weekend at the Buc Days event.
All doses for the Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be available at La Palmera Mall during regular mall hours.
Second doses of the Moderna vaccine will be available at the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds located at 1213 Terry Shamsie Blvd., in Robstown, Texas.
Things to know:
- The Health District is preparing to offer pediatric vaccine doses to children ages 12 to 15 once approved by the FDA.
- The Pfizer vaccine is available for those 16 years of age and older.
- The Moderna vaccine is available for anyone 18 years of age and older.
- The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available for those 18 years of age and older.
- Pre-register by calling 361-561-1101.
- To pre-register online, visit https://www.cctexas.com/vaccineregistration and click on the “Vaccination Registration” link. During online pre-registration, you must receive a Quick Response (QR) code. Once the online pre-registration limit is reached, you will not be able to register until additional vaccines become available.
- Walk-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- New registrations will open upon vaccine availability for future clinics.
- Vaccines of different brands should not be mixed. If you received the Moderna vaccine for your first dose, you should receive the Moderna vaccine for your second dose.
- If you registered for the first dose, you do not need to register again for the second dose.