TSA PreCheck Enrollment Offered at CCIA
Enrollment Event to be Held the Week of May 10th
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Due to increased air travel traffic at Corpus Christi International Airport (CCIA) and the anticipated busy summer travel season, CCIA will once again host a TSA PreCheck Enrollment event at the airport. The event will allow travelers in the Coastal Bend to come to CCIA to complete the application process.
TSA PreCheck offers travelers accelerated screening at most airports in the United States. Pre-Checkers are often sent to an expedited line dedicated to TSA Precheck holders. They can keep their shoes and light jackets on and their 3-1-1 liquids and electronics inside their carry-on luggage during the screening process.
“We are happy to invite travelers out to their airport,” said Kevin Smith, the Director of Aviation at CCIA. “Travelers will find the process quick and painless and if all goes well, they could have PreCheck status by the time they embark on their summer vacations,” said Smith. The process will include fingerprinting, checking documents, and taking payment which should take about 5 minutes per person, provided the individual fills out the application ahead of time and makes an appointment.
If approved for PreCheck status, travelers will be assigned a Known Traveler Number (KTN) that can be used when making their airline reservations. The membership costs $85 and lasts for five years.
Steps for participating in the TSA PreCheck Enrollment Event:
- Go online and fill out the application here: https://corpuschristiairport.com/TSA-PreCheck.cfm
- System will prompt you to make an appointment. Choose CRP during the week of May 10
- Arrive at the airport before your appointment time. Park in the short term lot and bring your ticket for validation.
- Go to Administrative offices on the 2nd floor just before reaching the TSA checkpoint.
- Bring the required documents and form of payment as outlined in the link above.
- If you are granted PreCheck status, you will receive your KTN number by mail and can begin using it when you book airline tickets.