Travelers Urged to Check Flight Schedules
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Due to severe cold and inclement weather approaching several Texas regions, local air travelers are being urged to check their flight schedules before traveling out of the Corpus Christi International Airport (CCIA). Visit www.corpuschristiairport.com and select flights.
Airport operations personnel are keeping a close watch on the airfield in the event of rain, freezing rain, or sleet. Airport operations also will be monitoring the condition of the runways and taxiways through the duration of this event.
In preparation for the inclement weather event, the following actions are also being taken:
- Preparing sand to use on pedestrian walkways, terminal curbside, entrances, and exits for increased traction.
- Confirming all heating systems are operational.
- Reviewing and retraining all operations personnel on Federal Aviation Administration requirements for winter operations.
- Coordinating with airlines on deicing procedures to maintain safe aircraft operations.
- Designating storage areas for critical airline and airport equipment to prevent freezing.
For more information, media representatives may contact CCIA Marketing Manager Kim Bridger-Hunt at (361) 289-0171, ext.1290, or by email at email@example.com.