Traffic Changes on Rodd Field Road as Next Phase of Construction Begins
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - Residents should expect to see several traffic changes along Rodd Field Road on Thursday, July 2, 2020 when the next phase of the Rodd Field Road Improvement Project begins. Rodd Field Road is being widened from a two-lane to a four-lane roadway with a center median, sidewalks, underground utility improvements, street lighting, RTA bus stops, and signalization at the intersection of Yorktown Boulevard and Brooke Road.
Construction has been ongoing on the east half of Rodd Field Road. Traffic will be shifted to the newly constructed lanes on the east half of Rodd Field Road to allow the contractor to begin reconstructing the west half. Drivers and pedestrians should expect the following during the next phase:
- Rodd Field Road, between Saratoga Boulevard and Brooke Road, will remain TWO-WAY traffic flow.
- Rodd Field Road, between Brooke Road and Airline Road/Slough Road, will remain ONE- WAY traffic flow in the NORTHBOUND DIRECTION ONLY.
- Sidewalks are installed along the east side of Rodd Field Road between Saratoga Boulevard and Yorktown Boulevard.
- Rodd Field Road, between Airline Road/Slough Road and Yorktown Boulevard, will remain CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC to make improvements to Master Channel 31 drainage structures and other roadway improvements. Motorists should continue to follow the existing signage and detour routes along Lipes Boulevard and Cimarron Boulevard.
- The “free” right turn lane from eastbound Saratoga Boulevard to southbound Rodd Field Road will be CLOSED for reconstruction. Right turns onto southbound Rodd Field Road are permitted only at the signalized intersection.
- TEMPORARY CLOSURE of the WESTBOUND travel lane across Rodd Field Road in order to widen the south half of the intersection of Airline Road/Slough Road. Motorists traveling westbound on Slough Road will be detoured onto northbound Rodd Field Road. Motorists traveling eastbound on Airline Road will be able to turn left (northbound on Rodd Field Road) or continue through the intersection onto Slough Road. The expected duration of the temporary closure and detour for westbound Slough Road traffic is three weeks. The traffic signal at the intersection will remain in flash mode.
- Travel lanes along Yorktown Boulevard are opened to allow motorists to travel on both sides of the median. The traffic signal at the intersection will remain in flash mode.
Safety is a top priority, so motorists are reminded to be aware of the work zone, follow the posted detour signs, or seek alternate routes to avoid delays.
For more information media representatives can contact Sr. Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.