Six Points Intersection to Close Overnight for Paving Work
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX—Beginning on Monday, November 8, City contractors will be conducting paving operations at the Six Points intersection during the overnight hours of 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. This work will require temporary full road closures. The closures are required to facilitate paving operations.
Appropriate signage, law enforcement, and messaging will be in place during the closures to guide motorists around the work area. Motorists in the area should plan for the following traffic plan:
- South Staples Street (Northbound) – Full closure for northbound traffic at Brownlee Boulevard. Motorists should use South Brownlee Boulevard as a detour street.
- South Staples Street (Southbound) – Full closure for southbound traffic at South Alameda Street. Motorists should use eastbound and westbound Booty Street as a detour street.
- South Alameda Street (Northbound) – Road closure at Del Mar Boulevard. Local traffic access will be provided between Del Mar Boulevard and Clifford Street only. There will be a full closure at Clifford Street.
- Ayers Street (Eastbound) – Full closure starting at South Brownlee Boulevard.
- Ayers Street (Westbound) – Full closure starting at 7th Street.
- 10th Street – Full closure from South Staples Street to McKensie Street
Safety is a top priority. Motorists are reminded to be aware of the work zone, follow the posted detour signs, and seek alternate routes to avoid delays. For the latest on the Six Points intersection project, please visit www.cctexas.com/sixpoints.
For more information, media representatives can contact Sr. Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.