City Partners with H-E-B Feast of Sharing
Providing Free Meals to Elderly and Disabled
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi and H-E-B have partnered again for the 35th Annual H-E-B Feast of Sharing community-wide events, including free holiday meals and entertainment.
Friday, December 22 – Home Delivered Meals
- Volunteers will deliver holiday meals to homebound seniors and disabled residents between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Friday, December 22.
- Eligible residents who are unable to leave their homes due to age, serious illness, or permanent disability can contact the City’s Call Center at 3-1-1 to reserve a home delivery now through Tuesday, December 19, at 5:00 p.m. or until 1,200 requests for meals have been received. Same-day reservations are not permitted. The City’s Call Center operates Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Want to get involved? Meal deliveries are coordinated by the City’s Parks & Recreation Department and delivered by local volunteers. To volunteer for meal delivery, please register online.
Saturday, December 23 – Feast of Sharing
- Come join H-E-B’s Mobile Kitchen for a traditional Texas-style meal at the American Bank Center located at 1901 North Shoreline Boulevard from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
- The Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (CCRTA) will provide free shuttle service from Staples Street Station to the American Bank Center between 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 23, 2023. Passengers should advise RTA drivers they are going to the H-E-B Feast of Sharing event.
Since 1989, H-E-B’s Feast of Sharing event has invited people to celebrate the holidays with free food, live music, and holiday cheer. The annual feast is held in more than 34 cities and serves more than 340,000 meals each year. In the event’s 35-year history, more than 375,000 volunteers have helped serve nearly four million meals.
For more information about this event or the Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department, call 361-826-4120 or visit H-E-B Feast of Sharing Calendar - H-E-B Newsroom.