Power Outages Cause Signal Outages at Numerous City Intersections
Several Traffic Signals in Flashing Mode Due to Weather Conditions
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi is advising motorists of traffic signal outages and signals in flashing mode due to the weather conditions at the following intersections:
- Port Avenue and Morgan Avenue
- Airline Road and Alameda Street
- Louisiana Avenue and Alameda Street
- Whitecap Boulevard and Park Road 22 (flashing)
- IH37 and Chaparral Street (flashing)
- IH37 and Shoreline Boulevard (flashing)
- Louisiana Avenue and Santa Fe Street (flashing)
- Leopard Street and Violet Street (flashing)
- Starlite Lane and Leopard Street (flashing)
Motorists and pedestrians should treat the traffic signal outage as an all-way stop and use the following safety tips:
- Treat the traffic signal outage as an all-way STOP condition.
- The first vehicle that comes to a complete STOP at the intersection has the right-of-way.
- Drivers turning left must yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
- Drivers turning right must yield through traffic and pedestrians.
- Drivers must yield to cars already in the intersection.
- To reduce the risk of injury or an accident, pedestrians are advised to cross within the intersection crosswalk.
Safety is a top priority, so motorists are reminded to be aware of the work zone, follow the posted detour signs, or seek alternate routes to avoid delays.
Media representatives may contact Senior Public Information Officer Richard Vargas at 361-826-3420 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.