Registration Open for After Hour Kid Power Program
Signup for the 2023-2024 School Year
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department is gearing up for its After Hour Kid Power after school program for children ages 5 to 13. The online interest list registration for the 2023-2024 school year will open on Wednesday, May 24.
This program is ideal for working parents or guardians seeking a safe and convenient location for their children to be supervised after school. The program will operate Monday through Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., in conjunction with the Corpus Christi and Calallen Independent School Districts schedules, which begin August 9 and August 10, respectively.
The program serves to help children build positive self-esteem through involvement in a wide range of activities, including recreational and fitness skills. All staff are trained in child development and certified in CPR and First Aid. Texas Health and Human Services license the program.
Additional information and safety guidelines about the program are provided at www.ccparkandrec.com under the services tab.
The online interest list will open on Wednesday, May 24, at 9:00 a.m. and remain open throughout the school year for Corpus Christi and Calallen ISD’s. To add your name to the interest list, go to https://register.ccparkandrec.com/.
Please note that adding your information to the interest list does not guarantee a position in the program. Parents wil receive a call from the the After Hour Kid Power program with further instructions to confirm placement into the program.
- Use the drop-down menu on the registration page to select the After Hour Kid Power Program your child will attend.
- Submit your contact information and the number of spaces you wish to reserve.
- Scholarship assistance is available.
- No payment is required at this time.
- Once you receive the phone call about available space, you will have 24 hours to complete registration and make payment to secure your child’s spot.
Site availability will be determined by the number of participants registered and staff available for the following schools:
- East Elementary, 3709 Lott Avenue (78410)
- Magee Elementary, 4201 Calallen Drive (78410)
- Wood River Elementary, 15118 Dry Creek Drive (78410)
- West Intermediate, 4030 County Road 69 (Hazel Bazemore Road) (78410)
Corpus Christi ISD:
- Barnes Elementary, 2829 Oso Parkway (78414)
- Berlanga Elementary, 4120 Carroll Lane (78411)
- Calk-Wilson Elementary, 3925 Fort Worth Street (78411)
- Club Estates Elementary, 5222 Merganser Drive (78413)
- Dawson Elementary, 6821 Sanders Drive (78413)
- Galvan Elementary, 3126 Masterson Drive (78415)
- Garcia Elementary, 1945 Gollihar Road (78416)
- Hicks Elementary, 3602 McArdle Road (78415)
- Houston Elementary, 3602 McArdle Road (78415)
- Jones Elementary, 7533 Lipes Boulevard (78413)
- Kolda Elementary, 3730 Rodd Field Road (78414)
- Menger Elementary, 2401 S Alameda Street (78404)
- Metro-E, 1707 Ayers Street (78404)
- Mireles Elementary, 7658 Cimarron Boulevard (78414)
- Moore Elementary, 6121 Durant Drive (78414)
- Sanders Elementary, 4102 Republic Drive (78413)
- Schanen Elementary, 5717 Killarmet Drive (78413)
- Smith Elementary, 6902 Williams Drive (78412)
- Webb Elementary, 6953 Boardwalk Avenue (78414)
- Windsor Park Elementary, 4525 S. Alameda Street (78412)
- Yeager Elementary, 5414 Tripoli Drive (78411)
- Corpus Christi ISD: $109/month/first child, $94/month/each additional child. (The CCISD fees include an additional $10 fee per child for using CCISD facilities.)
- Calallen ISD: $99/month/first child, $84/month/each additional child.
- Tuition assistance is available for qualified participants.
The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department is dedicated to providing quality, affordable enrichment programs for all ages and interests. For more information about the wide variety of programs and services offered by the department, visit www.ccparkandrec.com. We invite everyone to Live. Learn. Play!
Parents may request reasonable accommodations for their child with disabilities by contacting Mickela Hernandez at (361) 826-3486. For more information about the program, call (361) 826-