Traffic Impacts Along SPID from Staples Street to Nile Drive Continue
Single Lane and On-Ramp Closures Remain Due to Waterline Repairs
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX- Portions of South Padre Island Drive and the eastbound feeder road between Staples Street and Nile Drive continue to be partially restricted due to ongoing waterline repairs.
The City and its contractor are working diligently to reopen lanes. Water service to residents is not being impacted.
Crews began making emergency repairs to a waterline on Wednesday morning along the north side of SPID between Clare Drive and Prince Drive. Since the waterline crosses SPID, repairs must be made along the south side of the highway. Those repairs began Thursday afternoon. This stage of repairs requires work in the eastbound on-ramp between Airline Road and Nile Drive.
Traffic impacted by the repairs includes:
- The eastbound on-ramp between Staples Street and Airline Road is closed
- Eastbound through traffic along the feeder road is reduced to one lane at the signalized intersection of Airline Road and SPID
- The eastbound on-ramp between Airline Road and Nile Drive is closed
- Traffic is reduced to a single lane from Airline Road to Hanley Drive along the eastbound feeder road
- The right-hand lane of SPID between Staples Street and Nile Drive is closed
Access is provided to all businesses in the area.
Safety is a top priority, so motorists are advised to use alternate routes to avoid delays, remain aware of the work zone, and follow posted signs.
For more information, media representatives may contact Senior Public Information Officer Richard Vargas at 361-826-3420 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org