Mosquito Spraying Schedule
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi’s Vector Control Division continues proactively spraying different areas in the city to prevent the increase in the mosquito population and has initiated a mosquito spraying schedule for this week.
Corpus Christi Animal Care Services (CCACS) and Vector Control will begin spraying in the following areas of the city:
- Monday, October 3, Routes 9, 11- North Beach
- Tuesday, October 4, Routes 27, 28, 29 - Flour Bluff
- Wednesday, October 5, Routes 1, 2, 3, - Calallen
- Thursday, October 6, Routes 4, 5, 6 Northwest
- Friday, October 7, Routes 30, 31, 32 - Island
See Mosquito Spray Route Map below. The spraying route schedule is tentative and subject to change due to weather conditions and wind speeds.
Vector Control reminds the public to keep themselves safe and help them by taking care of their property. Remember the 5 Ds of Defense:
- DEET – Use insect repellent containing DEET.
- DRESS – Dress in long sleeves and pants when you’re outside.
- DAWN, DAYTIME and DUSK – Dawn, Daytime and Dusk are the times of day when mosquitoes are most active. Avoid being outside during these times of day to prevent bites.
- DRAIN – Regularly drain standing water, including water that collects in empty cans, tires, buckets, clogged rain gutters, and saucers under potted plants. Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water.
- DOCTOR – Consult your physician if you feel sick after being bitten.
Don’t forget your pets! Dogs need limited time outdoors since they are susceptible to heartworms caused by mosquitoes. Please only use veterinarian-approved insect repellents on your furry friends.
Please call 311 if you wish to report abandoned property, high grass, or standing water.
Media representatives can contact Public Information Officer Gabriela Morrow at 361-826-3583 or GabrielaM@cctexas.com.