Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District Announces Halloween Safety Guidelines
Certain Activities Can Increase COVID-19 Risks
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District wants residents to have a safe Halloween and recognizes certain activities can increase the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
Halloween can still be celebrated, but health officials recommend you create Halloween activities at home with your families, such as a movie night, a spooky candy hunt, or even a haunted house.
If you plan on going out, here are some tips that will help your night be safe and fun:
- Protect those who are not yet eligible for vaccination by incorporating a face mask with your costume - not the plastic Halloween mask that has a hole for the mouth and the nose
- Practice social distancing and avoid crowded Halloween gatherings
- Sanitize your hands often between trick-or-treating.
- If gathering indoors, continue good handwashing practices and open windows
- If you are sick or have symptoms, do not host, or attend a gathering
Everyone hosting or attending any Halloween festivities should continue following safety guidelines and practice the public health three Ws:
- Wear a mask
- Watch your distance
- Wash your hands often
The complete list of recommendations can be found online at www.cctexas.com/halloween2021