City Libraries Temporarily Closing for Maintenance and Equipment Upgrades
Extended Hours Offered at McDonald Library
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi will be temporarily closing two libraries for maintenance and equipment upgrades.
- The Neyland Public Library located at 1230 Carmel Parkway will be closed from September 20 through October 11 for the installation of a new HVAC unit.
- The La Retama Central Library located at 805 Comanche street will close on September 27 for HVAC, electrical, and flooring upgrades. The library will re-open on November 1.
The City will offer extended hours of operation at the Ben F. McDonald Library located at 4044 Greenwood Drive starting September 27 through October 11. The times are shown below:
- Monday – Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Along with the extended hours, curbside service will be available at Neyland from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and at La Retama from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
The Rental Assistance Program at La Retama will continue at times shown below:
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
These Library improvements are part of the City of Corpus Christi’s continued commitment to enhancing the public facilities that are integral parts of our community.
For more information, media representatives can contact Public Information Officer Gabriela Morrow at 361-826-3583 or by email at GabrielaM@cctexas.com