Fourth of July Firework Safety
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - The Corpus Christi Fire and Police Departments want to remind everyone it is illegal to possess or discharge fireworks inside the City Limits, including the beach. If cited, you could be fined up to $2,000 per package of fireworks.
To report the illegal discharge of fireworks, the phone number to use is 361-886-COPS (2677). Please do not call 911 for fireworks complaints.
Citizens are encouraged to visit one of the professional fireworks displays occurring throughout the city.
If you choose to discharge fireworks outside the City Limits, the following Fireworks Safety Facts can enhance safety:
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Older children should use fireworks only under close adult supervision.
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear.
- Never light fireworks indoors.
- Only use fireworks away from people, houses, and flammable material.
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting.
- Never ignite devices in a container.
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks.
- Soak unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding them.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire.
For any additional information, contact the City Fire Marshal Office at 361-826-3930. Have a safe Independence Day!