Corpus Christi Heat Advisory Today from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
National Weather Service Urges Everyone to Take Precautions
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – This is only the second day of summer 2021, and already the heat is on in Corpus Christi. Today, the National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for Corpus Christi and inland South Texas from 1 p.m. until 7 p.m. That means the maximum afternoon heat index values will range from 110° to 114°F.
Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur, but there are precautions you can take to stay safe:
- Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside.
- When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heatstroke.
- Wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothing when possible.
- To reduce risk during outdoor work, frequent schedule rest breaks in shaded or air-conditioned environments.
- People who are overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
- Heatstroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.