Traffic Alert: Six Points Traffic Switch on Staples Street
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX—Beginning on Friday, June 11, Reytec Construction Resources, Inc. will be implementing a traffic control switch along Staples Street as they begin Phase 1C of construction. Phase 1C is an extension of the current phase of construction (Phase 1B) and will allow the Contractor to install a new wastewater manhole at Staples Street and 10th Street. This work will require a closure of the southbound lanes from the Six Points intersection to Brownlee Boulevard.
To assist motorists with their travel, a summary of all lane closures is provided below:
- Staples Street will be closed at the Six Points intersection with traffic detoured west (right turn) onto Ayers Street or south (thru movement) onto Alameda Street.
- Staples Street will be reduced to one lane in the northbound direction between Brownlee Boulevard and just north of the 10th Street intersection.
- 10th Street from Ayers Street to Staples Street will remain closed per the current traffic control plan.
- The right lane closure along northbound Ayers Street, at the 10th Street intersection, will remain in place per the current traffic control plan.
- The “Right Only” travel lane will remain closed along southbound Staples Street between Alameda Street and the Six Points Intersection.
Safety is a top priority, so motorists are reminded to be aware of the work zone, follow the posted detour signs, or seek alternate routes to avoid delays.
For the latest on the Six Points Intersection Project, please visit www.cctexas.com/sixpoints.
For more information, media representatives can contact Sr. Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.