Traffic Alert: Traffic Signal Outage at Ocean Drive and Elizabeth Street Intersection
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering Team would like to advise motorists of a planned traffic signal outage at the intersection of Ocean Drive and Elizabeth Street on Wednesday, May 26, 2021, beginning at 8:30 AM. The outage is expected to last up to eight hours. Contractors for AEP will be performing upgrades to power lines along Morgan Avenue.
The outside lane along Morgan Avenue, in the eastbound direction, will be closed between Third Street and Ocean Drive. This work also will de-energize the traffic signals at Ocean Drive and Elizabeth Street for several hours. Police will be on location to assist with the outage.
Drivers and pedestrians are advised to use caution when entering work zones. Motorists and pedestrians should treat the traffic signal outage as an all-way stop and use the following safety tips:
- Treat the traffic signal outage as an all-way STOP condition.
- The first vehicle that comes to complete STOP at the intersection has the right-of-way.
- Drivers turning left must yield for oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
- Drivers turning right must yield through traffic and pedestrians.
- Drivers must yield to cars already in the intersection.
- To reduce the risk of injury or an accident, pedestrians are advised to cross within the intersection crosswalk.
Safety is a top priority, so motorists are reminded to be aware of the work zone, follow the posted detour signs, or seek alternate routes to avoid delays.
For more information media representatives can contact Sr. Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.