Winter Storm Brush Removal Cleanup Nearly Complete
Area 10 Collection Begins on Monday
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The winter storm brush cleanup for Area 10 begins on Monday, April 26, and runs through Sunday, May 2. Residents in Area 10 should place their brush curbside by Sunday, April 25. The City’s Solid Waste crews will not accept bulky items. Once collection in this area is complete, future brush or bulky collections will follow the regularly scheduled collection calendar available online at SLDW-brush-map-schedule.pdf (cctexas.com).
Winter Storm Cleanup Details:
- Solid Waste crews will begin brush collection in Area 10 on Monday, April 26.
- Residents who miss this one-time collection will have to wait for their following regularly scheduled brush collection.
- Residents can also bring their brush to the J.C. Elliott brush drop-off area located at Hwy. 286 and Ayers Street.
Guidelines for Brush and Debris Set Out:
- Brush items include trees, limbs, bushes, leaves, palm fronds, and other foliage damaged by the winter storm.
- Bulky items such as appliances and furniture will NOT be picked up.
- Items must not block sidewalks, thru-ways, stormwater ditches, or street right of ways.
- Brush MUST be set curbside for pick up.
A map of collection areas (1A to 10), a winter storm brush collection schedule, and an interactive map are available online at www.cctexas.com/stormcleanup.
For all media inquiries, please contact Amy Gazin, Senior Public Information Officer for Solid Waste Services at (361) 826-1655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.