Council Approves Construction Contract for 15 Residential Street Rebuilds
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – At today’s regularly scheduled City Council meeting, Corpus Christi Mayor Paulette M. Guajardo and the City Council approved a $6.1 million dollar construction contract to JE Construction Services of Corpus Christi for 15 streets located in Council Districts 1, 3, and 4 as part of the Residential Street Rebuild Program (RSRP). Funding for this project comes from FY 2021 funding available from the Residential Street Reconstruction, Storm Water, Wastewater, and Gas Capital Funds.
“Rebuilding our streets is one of my top priorities. As your Mayor, I am ensuring that our Public Works Department has the necessary tools they need to continue to move street repairs forward throughout the City,” Mayor Paulette M. Guajardo said.
The 15 streets include:
- Mountain View Drive: Leopard Street to Chamizal Street
- Nida Drive: Leopard Street to Heizer Drive
- Heizer Drive: Veda Drive to Dead End
- Golden Gate Circle Street: Old Brownsville Road to Dead End
- South Country Club Place: Up River Road to IH 37
- Sullivan Street: Eklund Avenue to Dead End
- Green Lane Drive: Green Tree Drive to Dead End
- Green Leaf Drive: Green Tree Drive to Dead End
- Langton Avenue: Darcey Circle to Dryer Circle
- Dryer Circle: Riverton Drive to Langton Avenue
- Riverton Drive: Dryer Circle to Archdale Drive
- Lansdown Drive: Harry Street to Gollihar Road
- Angelo Drive: Santa Fe Street to Beverly Drive
- Rossiter Street: Ocean Drive to San Antonio Street
- Beverly Drive: Angelo Drive to Santa Fe Street
The project will extend the life and structural integrity of existing pavement through rehabilitation or reconstruction of the roadway to current City standards with some additional sidewalk repairs, ADA ramps, striping, and pavement markings.
The project is anticipated to take 17 months with construction beginning in April 2021. For the latest information on the RSRP project please visit https://rsrp.cctexas.com/
For more information media representatives can contact Sr. Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.