Winter Storm Brush Cleanup Begins Monday, March 8
Only Damaged Brush and Foliage will be Collected
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – A city-wide winter storm cleanup begins Monday, March 8 and only brush and other foliage damaged by the recent winter storm will be collected. No bulky items will be accepted for this one-time collection.
“Your City Council and I understand that recovery after a major storm is critical to moving our City forward. The off-cycle brush removal plan is one of many relief programs the City has established to aid residents. For full details on all City recovery efforts, visit www.cctexas.com/winterhelp,” said Mayor Paulette M.Guajardo.
Winter Storm Cleanup Details:
- City crews will begin brush collection in Area 5 and work northwest towards Area 10 in Calallen.
- City debris removal contractor will begin collection on North Padre Island (Area 1A) through Area 4.
- Residents who miss this collection will have to wait for their next regularly scheduled brush collection.
- Regularly scheduled brush and bulky items collection schedules can be found online at SLDW-brush-map-schedule.pdf (cctexas.com).
- Residents can also drop off their brush at the J.C. Elliott brush drop off area.
- Hours of operation for the brush drop off area have been extended and will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until further notice. These extended hours of operation apply to the brush drop off area ONLY.
Guidelines for Brush and Debris Set Out:
- Brush items include: Trees, limbs, bushes, palm fronds and other foliage damaged by the winter storm.
- Do not place brush or other foliage inside plastic bags but place brush loose curbside instead.
- Bulky items will NOT be picked up.
- Items must not block sidewalks, thru-ways, stormwater ditches, or street right of ways.
- Brush MUST be set curbside for pick up.
A map of city-wide collection areas (1A to 10) and schedule are available online at www.cctexas.com/stormcleanup.
For all media inquiries, please contact Amy Gazin, Senior Public Information Officer for Solid Waste Services at (361) 826-1655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.