Emergency Plumbing Repairs Program
Up to 20k for Qualified Homeowners Affected by Extreme Winter Weather
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City of Corpus Christi wants to help qualified low-income homeowners who sustained water line or water system damage after the recent extreme winter weather.
Starting today qualified homeowners can apply by completing the Emergency Plumbing Repairs Program online intake form at https://www.cctexas.com/gmd. Homeowners also can download a copy of the application to fill out and email it to Norma Ramirez at email@example.com. If you do not have internet access call 361-826-3010 for application assistance.
Some of the qualifying criteria include:
- Household income is 50% or lower than the area median income
- Must be over 62 years old or disabled
- Current on property tax payment and mortgage
- Denied by FEMA for assistance
- Do not have a foreclosure pending
- Do not have any judgements or liens for child support or property taxes
- Not located in a floodplain
- Must be willing to sign a grant agreement
City employees will contact applicants in the order in which their applications were received to collect required documentation and to determine if the applicant qualifies for the program. If an applicant qualifies for the program staff will visit the applicant’s home to conduct an assessment, take pictures, order lead-based paint testing, and develop a scope-of-work.
The scope-of-work for contractor bids will be released and awarded to the winning contractor.
The City will pay the contractors directly for their work. No payments will be made to the homeowners.
For media inquiries please contact Assistant Director of Housing and Community Development Jennifer Buxton at 361-826-3976 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.