Three Vaccination Clinics Tentatively Planned for Week of February 8
One First Dose, Two Second Dose Clinics for Phase 1A & 1B All by Pre-Registration-Phone Bank opens Saturday, February 6
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District is waiting to hear from the state on when the Health District will receive its next vaccination shipment. Staff is expecting thousands of first and second doses, but we are not sure of an exact arrival date. If we receive the vaccines, we anticipate holding three clinics next week. One clinic will be for a first dose and two clinics will be for second doses.
Regarding the second dose clinics, if you received your first dose vaccine on January 11, 12, 15, or 16 at the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds, it is time for your second dose.
There will be two second dose drive thru clinics next week pending vaccine arrival time.
The first second dose clinic will start at 8:00 a.m. and the second will start at 11:00 a.m. on the following day both at Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds, 1213 Terry Shamsie Boulevard, Robstown, Texas. The vaccine administered will be Moderna.
All second dose patrons do not need to pre-register for the vaccine. You will receive a text message with a “magic link” please click on the link and answer the questions. You will also be sent a reverse alert notifying you of your appointment time and date to receive your second vaccine.
Additionally, a first dose clinic will be held at the fairgrounds next week. In an effort to make the process more efficient pre-registration will be required for the first dose clinic excluding the 1,000 patrons impacted by the online registration software glitch, they are automatically included in this clinic. The first come, first served method will not be used next week.
There are two ways to pre-register for the first dose clinics. One way is by calling a newly established hotline and the second way is by online registration:
- The new hotline number for registration opens tomorrow, Saturday, February 6 at 10:00 a.m.
- The hotline number is 361-561-1101.
- Online registration will begin on Monday, February 8 at 10:00 a.m. The registration form can be found on www.cctexas.com/vaccineregistration
- Both methods of registering will close when filled.
- Those people who register will be notified by reverse alert with an appointment time slot for vaccination, as well as the date and location. Patrons will need to arrive only one hour prior to their appointment time.
- Whether patrons register by phone or online, participants will be notified by reverse alert and will be given a password which needs to be written down on a piece of paper and placed on your vehicle’s dashboard for volunteers to see and read easily.
- Patrons will also receive a QR code which you will need to bring to the clinic.
- If patrons have an issue with the QR code, please call the Health District at 361-826-7200, option 2.
Also, at the first dose clinic drive thru, the 1,000 additional patrons who are already registered as result of a registration issue caused by a software glitch have been placed on a priority list and will be contacted to receive a vaccination. Those patrons do not need to pre-register again. A reverse alert will be sent to those individuals with an appointment time and password.
Stay up to date, visit www.cctexas.com/coronavirus or www.nuecesknows.com for more information.