Mosquito Spraying Tonight on Padre Island
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The City’s Vector Control unit will begin spraying for mosquitoes tonight on Padre Island at approximately 8:00 p.m.
Spraying routes are determined after checking mosquito traps. Areas with the highest concentration of mosquitoes will be targeted first.
Tentative Spraying Route Schedule:
- Thursday, October 8: Route 30, 31, 32 (Padre Island)
*These schedules are tentative and subject to change due to weather conditions and wind speeds.
The City’s Vector Control unit will continue checking trap levels to decide where and if other areas need spraying.
After any significant rainfall, it is important the public remember their role in the effective control of mosquitoes. In addition to standing water, tall grass is also a popular breeding area for many species of mosquitoes so please keep your grass and vegetation trimmed closely. Residents are encouraged to closely follow all mosquito prevention tools such as:
- Wear mosquito repellent containing DEET
- Dress in long sleeves and pants
- Avoid being outside during times of day when mosquitoes are most active (Dawn and Dusk)
- Drain standing water, as it will reduce any mosquito breeding grounds
- Consult a doctor if you feel ill after being bitten
To learn more about mosquito bite prevention, please visit our website here.
Media representatives requesting more information may contact Animal Care Services Program Manager Joel Skidmore at 361-826-7274 or by email at Joels4@cctexas.com.