2020 City Labor Day Holiday Schedule
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Most City of Corpus Christi offices including City Hall, libraries and Municipal Court will be closed Monday, September 7, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
The following is a list of City Services and their schedule for Labor Day:
"Safe Fun-Fit at the Bayfront" Postponed Due to Weather:
“Safe Fun-Fit at the Bayfront” scheduled for this Saturday, September 5, at The Water’s Edge, 402 S. Shoreline Boulevard is postponed due to predicted showers and thunderstorms.
Safe Fun-Fit at the Bayfront will resume on Saturday, September 12, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Online Registration for the 5K and Fitness Classes is now open. The City invites everyone to take advantage of the free 5K, FITNESS LANE, CLASSES and KIDS ZONE at The Water’s Edge.
Solid Waste Department:
- Garbage Collection: Monday, September 7: NO change in schedule.
- Recycling Collection: Monday, September 7: NO change in schedule.
- Heavy Brush Collection: Monday, September 7: Will NOT be collected.
- Transfer Station: The Citizen Collection Center located at the J.C. Elliott Transfer Station will be closed Monday, September 7.
Animal Care Services:
- Open Saturday, September 5, adoptions by appointment only, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Call 826-4606 or 826-4633 to make an appointment!
- Closed Monday, September 7
- Closed Monday, September 7
- Will reopen Tuesday, September 8 at 10 a.m.
The following Labor Day schedule will be observed at City Parks and Recreation Facilities:
- Lozano Golf Center – OPEN
- Oso Golf Course - OPEN
- H-E-B Tennis Center – CLOSED Labor Day
- Al Kruse Tennis Center – CLOSED Labor Day
- Collier Pool: OPEN Saturday & Sunday, September 5 & 6, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Monday, September 7, Lap Swim 5 a.m. – 7:30 a.m., and 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Open Swim 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Natatorium: OPEN Saturday & Sunday, September 5 & 6, Open Swim 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.; Monday, September 7, Lap Swim 5 a.m. – 6:30 a.m.; and 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
To comply with COVID-19 health protocols, pools will offer:
- Open swim based on 50% of pool capacity, on a first come first serve basis.
- When entering the facility, all visitors will have their temperature checked and must wear a mask and any time while on the pool deck area.
- Masks are not required when in the pool swimming.
- Any visitor with a temperature of 100 or above will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Patrons must adhere to the 6 feet of physical distancing on the pool deck.
- For lap swim, lane sharing is not permitted, and swimmers must stay in their lane.
The summer season ended August 9, 2020 for:
- Greenwood Pool
- H-E-B Pool
- Oso Pool
- West Guth Pool
- Bill Witt Park: OPEN Saturday, Sunday & Monday, September 5, 6 & 7, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Salinas Park: OPEN Saturday, Sunday & Monday, September 5, 6 & 7, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Lindale Park: OPEN Saturday, Sunday & Monday, September 5, 6 & 7, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
To comply with COVID-19 health protocols at splash pads, follow CDC recommended guidelines for social distancing.
Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center:
- Walking Trails and Playground - OPEN daily, dawn to dusk.
- Restrooms – CLOSED Saturday through Monday, September 5 – 7
- Learning Center – CLOSED
Senior Centers: CLOSED
Recreation Centers: CLOSED
After Hour Kid Power (Formerly Latchkey): CLOSED