Hurricane Hanna One-Time Brush & Debris Collection
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX- City of Corpus Christi Solid Waste crews will continue collecting storm related brush & debris from Hurricane Hanna on Monday, August 3, 2020. Residents are encouraged to place their brush & debris curbside no later than Sunday evening, August 2, 2020.
The following is a list of brush collection updates:
- City crews will begin collections in Calallen and work their way south towards North Padre Island.
- Debris removal contractors will begin assisting city crews beginning Wednesday, August 5th.
- The citywide brush and debris collection sweep is expected to be completed by August 17, 2020. This is a one-time sweep.
- Residents missing this collection will have to wait for their next regularly scheduled Brush & Bulky Item collection.
Guidelines for brush and debris include:
- Brush must be separated from other debris. The trees, limbs, palm fronds and vegetation may be turned into mulch.
- Storm debris including roof shingles and fencing must be kept separate from brush.
- Brush and debris must be set curbside for pick up.
- Items must not block sidewalks, thru-ways, or stormwater ditches.
A map of collection areas (10 to 1A) will be available online at www.cctexas.com/hannadebris
For more information, you may contact Solid Waste Services Senior Public Information Officer (PIO) Amy Gazin at 361-826-1655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.