Corpus Christi – Nueces County Health Authority Issues Public Health Order Regarding In-Person School Instruction
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Local Health Authority Dr. Srikanth Ramachandruni has issued a Public Health Order imposing specified control measures and restrictions for public schools offering in-person instruction. Schools included in the order are all public independent school districts that have school district boundaries in Nueces County.
The following restrictions are effective today, July 16, 2020 as of the execution of the Public Health Order:
- School systems shall not re-open schools for on-campus, face-to-face instruction until after September 7, 2020.
- Virtual instruction shall be permitted as per a school system’s own plan.
- At least two weeks prior to re-opening for on-campus instruction and on-campus activities, the school or district shall develop a plan to be submitted to the Corpus Christi/Nueces County Health Authority for re-opening on-campus activities and instruction. The plan must be made available to parents and the public.
- Extra-curricular sports and activities are excluded from the Order.
- The Order may be renewed or extended by further action if necessary.
The Public Health Order can be read in its entirety at https://www.cctexas.com/coronavirus