Filing Period Begins for City Council Candidates
Candidate Information Available & COVID-19 Filing Protocols
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - City Secretary Rebecca L. Huerta reminds everyone that the City election for mayor and three at-large and five district council member positions will be held on November 3, 2020. The filing period for Corpus Christi residents interested in running for one of these positions begins, Monday, July 20, 2020 and continues through 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 17, 2020.
Candidate information, including an application form and the requirements for filing, is contained in the 2020 Candidate Packet on the City Secretary’s webpage, under https://www.cctexas.com/detail/2020-election-central at www.cctexas.com or in paper form at the City Secretary’s Office, 1st Floor, City Hall, 1201 Leopard Street. Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To reduce the chance of COVID-19 transmission, individuals who wish to file in person at the City Secretary’s Office:
- are subject to a temperature check upon entering City Hall;
- are required to wear a face covering while in City Hall and in the City Secretary’s Office;
- must sanitize their hands, with hand sanitizer provided, upon entering and exiting the City Secretary’s Office;
- are limited to only two people at a time allowed in the City Secretary’s Office (i.e. only the candidate and/or one of the candidate’s representatives) and only one of those two people are allowed at the reception counter at a time;
- must maintain social distancing; and
- are strongly encouraged to make an appointment, or, at a minimum, should call the City Secretary’s Office at 361-826-3105 before coming to City Hall, due to scaled-back staffing in the City Secretary’s Office related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a reminder, the $100 non-refundable filing fee that must accompany a candidate’s application, must be remitted in the form of cash, money order or a cashier’s check only made payable to, “City of Corpus Christi” – personal checks are not accepted.
For more information, contact the City Secretary’s Office at (361) 826-3105.