Eleventh Death of Nueces County Resident due to COVID-19
CORPUS CHRISTI TX - The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District received notification of the death of a Nueces County resident due to COVID-19. The patient was a female between the age of 60-69 and was hospitalized in July. Her underlying medical conditions included diabetes and coronary artery disease. Our condolences go out to the family and friends of the deceased. No further information is being released for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
This is the third death due to COVID-19 of a Nueces County resident over the last 4 days. The rapid increase in hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID-19 is a major concern for Public Health.
Please continue the Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions that can help decrease the transmission of the coronavirus:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Wear a face covering in all public areas
- Leave 6 feet or more between you and others (non-family members)
- Wash your hands as often as possible
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid being around people who are sick
- If sick, stay home and self-isolate