Fourth of July Firework Safety
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - The Corpus Christi Fire and Police Department wants to remind everyone it is illegal to discharge fireworks inside the City Limits including the beach. If cited, you could be fined up to $2,000 per opened package of fireworks.
To report the illegal discharge of fireworks, the phone number to use is 361-886-2600. Please do not call 911 for fireworks complaints.
Firework Safety Facts:
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should use fireworks only under close adult supervision
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Only use fireworks away from people, houses and flammable material
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
- Never ignite devices in a container
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
- Soak unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire
For more information about the dangers of consumer fireworks, visit www.nfpa.org/fireworks.
As a reminder, residents are urged to continue hygiene and safety precautions including wearing a face covering and limiting gatherings to slow the spread of the virus. To find out more about COVID-19 resources visit www.cctexas.com/coronavirus.
Media representatives can contact Fire Marshal Randy Paige at 361-826-3952 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.