Second Phase of Everhart Road Project Begins Wednesday
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Reytec Construction Resources, Contractor for the Everhart Road project, will be starting phase two on Wednesday, May 6, 2020. During phase one, the east side of Everhart Road was closed for reconstruction from Holly Road to Bonner Drive. All traffic had been shifted to the southbound lanes (west side of Everhart Road) within the closure area. The second phase extends reconstruction of the east side of Everhart Road up to Corona Drive and cause the following impacts to traffic operations until completion:
- All traffic will be shifted to the southbound lanes (west side of Everhart Road) between Holly Road and Corona Drive. Traffic will be reduced to one-lane in each direction.
- Drivers traveling northbound between Holly Road and Corona Drive are prohibited from making left -turns at Bonner Drive, Curtis Clark and Corona Drive.
- The southbound, left thru-lane along Everhart Road will be closed at the Corona Drive intersection. Thru traffic traveling southbound between SPID and Corona Drive will have to merge into the right, thru-lane to continue southbound. The southbound left-turn lane will remain open at the intersection.
- The sidewalks will be closed, along the east side, between Holly Road and Corona Drive.
The following traffic operations will remain in place:
- Northbound traffic on Everhart Road will continue to be allowed to make left turns at the Holly Road intersection.
- The right turn lane on Holly Road is closed, but right turns onto northbound Everhart Road is allowed from the right travel lane.
Safety is a top priority, so motorists and pedestrians are reminded to be aware of the work zone, follow all traffic control devices, and use alternate routes to avoid delays.
For more information media representatives can contact Sr. Public Information Officer Melanie Lowry at 361-826-3837 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.