UPDATE: Latchkey After School Program 2019–2020: Correct CCISD Pre-Registration Date
First Opportunities to Pre-Register Will Be Offered in Early August
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Back to school is right around the corner. Now is the time to prepare for the exciting year ahead.
The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department has been gearing up for the school year, too! It will offer pre-registration for its 2019–2020 Latchkey After School Program in early August, so mark your calendar and get your child set. Registration dates will vary for each school district.
The program will operate Monday–Friday from 3pm–6pm in conjunction with the Corpus Christi Independent School District, Calallen Independent School District and Flour Bluff Independent School District schedules.
The convenience, safety, trained staff, and state monitoring are a few key components of the program which parents seek. The program hours and on-site care are designed to meet the need of working parents’ busy schedules. All our staff are certified in CPR and First Aid, as well as, are energetic and enthusiastic in engaging children in age-appropriate activities, like recreation and fitness skills which help to build self-confidence. And parents can rest assured that the program is licensed by the Texas Health and Human Services.
Parents seeking reasonable accommodations for their child with disabilities may do so by contacting Mickela Hernandez at (361) 826-3486. For more information about the program, call (361) 826-3499.
ON-SITE PRE-REGISTRATION SCHEDULE:
· Friday, August 2, from 8am–6pm at Wood River Elementary, 15118 Dry Creek Drive
Flour Bluff ISD:
· Tuesday, August 6, from 12pm–7pm at Flour Bluff High School, 2505 Waldron Road
· Wednesday, August 7, from 7am–3:30pm at Flour Bluff High School
Corpus Christi ISD:
· Friday, August 9, from 8am–6pm at each campus (see below for the list of registration sites)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PARENTS: Since registration for the Latchkey After School Program will not be offered on the first day of school, it is very important that all children be pre-registered. This is required if parents want their children to participate on the first day of school.
CCISD PRE-REGISTRATION SITES:
Corpus Christi ISD:
· Barnes Elementary, 2829 Oso Parkway (78414)
· Berlanga Elementary, 4120 Carroll Lane (78411)
· Calk-Wilson Elementary, 3925 Fort Worth Street (78411)
· Club Estates Elementary, 5222 Merganser Drive (78413)
· Dawson Elementary, 6821 Sanders Drive (78413)
· Galvan Elementary, 3126 Masterson Drive (78415)
· Garcia Elementary, 1945 Gollihar Road (78416)
· Hicks Elementary, 3602 McArdle Road (78415)
· Houston Elementary, 363 Norton Street (78415)
· Jones Elementary, 7533 Lipes Boulevard (78413)
· Kolda Elementary, 3730 Rodd Field Road (78414)
· Meadowbrook Elementary, 901 Meadowbrook Drive (78412)
· Menger Elementary, 2401 S. Alameda Street (78404)
· Metro-E, 1707 Ayers Street (78404)
· Mireles Elementary, 7658 Cimarron Boulevard (78414)
· Montclair Elementary, 5241 Kentner Street (78412)
· Moore Elementary, 6121 Durant Drive (78414)
· Sanders Elementary, 4102 Republic Drive (78413)
· Schanen Elementary, 5717 Killarmet Drive (78413)
· Smith Elementary, 6902 Williams Drive (78412)
· Webb Elementary, 6953 Boardwalk Avenue (78414)
· Woodlawn Elementary, 1110 Woodlawn Drive (78412)
· Yeager Elementary, 5414 Tripoli Drive (78411)
· Corpus Christi ISD: $60/child due at time of registration.
· Flour Bluff ISD: $50/child due at time of registration.
· Calallen ISD: $99/child due at time of registration.
· Check or money order only.
· Tuition assistance is available for qualified participants.
Starting September 2019: (due on the first of each month)
· Corpus Christi ISD: $109/month/first child, $94/month/each additional child.
· Flour Bluff and Calallen ISD: $99/month/first child, $84/month/each additional child.
The Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department is dedicated to providing quality, affordable, enrichment programs for all ages and interests. For more information about the wide variety of programs and services offered by the department, visit www.ccparkandrec.com. We invite everyone to Live. Learn. Play!