Emergency Repairs Allowed for Storm Damaged Structures

CORPUS CHRISTI, TX - The Development Services Department would like residents to know they can make emergency storm repairs to protect their property without getting an initial permit and there are some repairs that do not require a permit. For example, the repair of 100 square feet or less of shingles or roof covering, or erecting fences less than or equal to seven feet in height do not require a permit.  

Other types of repairs will require obtaining a permit within five business days of starting repairs.

  • All persons obtaining permits must be City-registered contractors, even if the owner is performing the work.

  • All out of town contractors are required to register with the City.

  • After construction (and in the case of emergency repairs), contractors are required to call Development Services for inspections and approval.

  • All City inspectors wear a City-issued identification badge.

  • All repairs must comply with windstorm requirements.

Repair issues related to City-owned utilities like water, wastewater, storm water lines or manholes should be reported to the City at (361) 826-CITY (2489).

For a detailed fee schedule, showing approximate permit costs in relation to the type of work performed, visit http://www.cctexas.com/services/construction-and-property-services/starting-building-project/zoning/fees, or contact Development Services at (361) 826-3240

For Frequently Asked Questions regarding permits and the latest updates on Hurricane Harvey Recovery, stay connected at http://www.cctexas.com/harvey. Details are also available at facebook.com/citygov and at twitter.com/cityofcc.