Public Health District Announces Holiday Safety Guidelines
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the holidays and special occasions are being celebrated differently. Christmas and New Year’s activities involve lots of parties and togetherness. This year, consider low-risk alternatives to celebrate the holiday season safely. For upcoming Christmas and New Year’s celebrations, the Corpus Christi – Nueces County Public Health District recommends the following tips:
- Shop online to avoid holiday crowds
- If shopping in stores, avoid crowded aisles
- Deliver gifts contactless to family and friends
New Year’s Eve:
- Find alternative ways to “ring in” the New Year
- Avoid attending large, crowded parties where COVID-19 can easily spread
If you plan on going out, here are some tips that will help keep your celebrations safe and fun:
- Protect those who are not eligible for vaccination by incorporating a face mask.
- Arrange seating that promotes social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Practice social distancing and avoid crowded gatherings.
- Sanitize your hands often.
- If you are sick or have symptoms, do not host, or attend a gathering.
- Open windows to allow the air to circulate
Everyone hosting or attending any holiday festivities should continue following safety guidelines and practice the public health three W’s:
- Wear a mask
- Watch your distance
- Wash your hands often
For additional information, visit www.cctexas.com/holiday-safety.
Media representatives may contact Robert Gonzales, Public Information Manager, at 361-826-3233 or email at email@example.com.