Public Health District Announces COVID-19 Safety Webpage for Thanksgiving Gatherings
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – COVID-19 has challenged the community to reconsider how we celebrate fall festivities. As Thanksgiving approaches, we must work together to ensure everyone stays safe while spending quality time with family and friends.
The Corpus Christi - Nueces County Public Health District is asking residents to reconsider normal celebrations and use the following recommendations for safe gatherings.
- Consider who to invite such as close family and friends.
- Consider eating outside, under a tent, or a well-ventilated porch.
- Arrange seating that promotes social distancing of 6 feet or more.
Practice low- risk behaviors:
- Keep face masks on hand and encourage guests to bring their own to wear.
Stay at home if you are sick:
- Remind invited guests if they have been exposed to someone positive with COVID-19 within 14 days of the celebration, showing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone positive, to stay home.
Everyone hosting or attending Thanksgiving gatherings should continue following safety guidelines and practice the three W’s:
- Wear a mask
- Watch your distance
- Wash your hands often
The complete list of recommendations can be found online at https://www.cctexas.com/holiday-safety.
Media representatives can contact Health Education Manager Diane Prime at 361-826-7220 or by email at email@example.com.